Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM 5X AIRFARE UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PLATINUM 5X AIRFARE UPDATE

@resilient wrote:

Doesn't say which card on the tweet though, and it now says the offer is old......?

It was in reply to a question about the Plat, but it for some reason didn't link back to the original post. It's moot now, they've deleted the tweet.

Message 11 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nothing official on their website. I'd take OP's comment with a grain of salt.

rumors floating around mutiples forums/blogs/etc..  Chances are this is one of the many changes happening very soon.   They need to compete with the CSR/Prestige and the likes better than they have been and this is a start.

Absolutely they need to do something! 5X airfare directly is not enough though. We need something with dining and/or travel credit to go up.

Message 12 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a screen capture of Amex's original tweet regardign the 5x (from TPG site).

Message 13 of 83
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel like Amex is going to need to do more than just that to counter the Reserve/Prestige. Another big problem they have is acceptance, not everyone takes Amex.

Acceptance for airfare should not be a problem, every airline accepts Amex as a form of payment. Many small businesses use Square and other card processing services that offer a flat rate for all cards including Amex. Everyday the argument of "Amex is not accepted" is becoming less relevant. 

Message 14 of 83
resilient
Established Contributor

I, too, called and the rep confirmed that they'd received an email about changes coming to the card, and they'd find out the same day we find out. Excited too, holding off on getting tickets for next month!
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 15 of 83
jsucool76
Super Contributor

3x on dining plz.

kthx
Message 16 of 83
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

New Card , with 200k sign up or more Smiley Happy please

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 17 of 83
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If they added 3x dining/3x hotel nd 5x on air i might just re-instaate my platinum card.. 5x on air isnt enough for me personally... Also up the travel from 200 to 300$..  Would upgrade PRG to Platinum then

Message 18 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

5x airfare
3x dining
$300 air credit

I sign up on the spot.
Message 19 of 83
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
5x airfare
3x dining
$300 air credit

I sign up on the spot.

Agree, perhaps throw in something that CSR/Citi doesn't N have as a surprise, or maybe relationship swag freebies... 

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 20 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.