Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRE APPROVAL LINK

tag
mipema
Contributor

Re: AMEX PRE APPROVAL LINK

Followed the link, and wound up at a page titled "Your Featured Offers" - there was no mention of pre-approval at least on that page.  Anyhow, was "Pre-approved" for the Platinum, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Blue, and Blue Sky.  Not biting for the time being, as I've already got the Blue cash - converted from a Gold Delta Skymiles.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

mipema wrote:
Followed the link, and wound up at a page titled "Your Featured Offers" - there was no mention of pre-approval at least on that page.  Anyhow, was "Pre-approved" for the Platinum, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Blue, and Blue Sky.  Not biting for the time being, as I've already got the Blue cash - converted from a Gold Delta Skymiles.

There is some debate as to whether the offers from this link are true preapprovals.  Search some past threads on this subject, and you'll see that everybody who checks the link gets either no offers or the same offers you just listed.

The offers don't seem to be personalized at all, like you'd expect with true preapprovals.

Message 22 of 30
revinkit

go for the delta and green card. I got both when my scores were low 600s.
Message 23 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

@mipema wrote:

I was pre-approved for the Green and the Blue. I had never even heard of the Blue before lol.

Funny thing is, a few days after I was approved for the Gold Delta Skymiles, these pre-approved offers disappeared. Currently, I'm not pre-approved for any card.

Message 24 of 30
eparker
Frequent Contributor

That pre-approval link said I was not qualified for anything for the longest.  It said it last week, and I said what the heck and apped anyway.  APPROVED!!!  Got the green card, and when I received my card, I got it back-dated to 1986 when I had a card. 

Look at your credit report (Exp) before apping, I did.  I had paid down several cards before I apped. 

Good luck...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 30
maceto
Contributor

Nope, seems to have been some issues for some time- had it work for me, then down...
Message 26 of 30
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

have never seen it. It's a myth.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 30
thin_mint86

I was approved for capitol one about 5 months ago and then got approved for the discover "it" card last month. How long should i wait befire applying for an axex?  I was thinking about applying fot the green. thanks in advance

Message 28 of 30
thin_mint86

I was approved for capitol one about 5 months ago and then got approved for the discover "it" card last month. How long should i wait befire applying for an axex?  I was thinking about applying fot the green. thanks in advance. My score is also in the low 600's

Message 29 of 30
withaspark
Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

have never seen it. It's a myth.

Though I'd rather not perpetuate a thread from 2008...

It is real... https://www304.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers%20?iframe=true&width=100%&height=100%

The catch is if the site finds cookies indicating you're a current member, it won't show the page. Clear your cookies, use a private browsing session, or a different browser than usual (like IE if you use Firefox or vice versa).

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.