Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRE APPROVAL LINK

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX PRE APPROVAL LINK

It offered Blue in preapproval. But I did not get it when I apped. So there is no telling what would happen. Fortunately, no hard inq for me on this app.
Message 11 of 30
mipema
Contributor

CREDIT4BIZ wrote:
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE TRIED THE PRE APPROVAL LINK ON AMEX'S SITE. I TRIED AND IT SAID I DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR ANY SPEACIAL OFFERS. IS THIS ANY CARDS OR ANY CARDS WITH PERKS. THANKS

I don't see any pre-approval link on American Express' homepage.  Can someone point me in the right direction? 

When I logged into my account I saw a link at the top that was saying I was pre-approved for the American Express Rewards Plus Gold Card.  The exact verbage is as folows "You're pre-approved for the American Express® Rewards Plus Gold Card. Enjoy extraordinary Card benefits in addition to the benefits your current American Express Card offersApply now and pay no annual fee for the first year."  Is this the link you guys/gals are talking about?
Message 12 of 30
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

THIS LINK SHOULD TAKE YOU THERE
"Here we go again!"

Starting Score: EX509TU595EQ595
Current Score: EX662TU695EQ675
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 30
heirophant
Established Contributor

If you already have an AMEX, though, it will not give you any preapproval offers.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 14 of 30
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I have blue with 5k . just had card today . spend some for 6 month 0% . 4.99 % BT . lolz . wait for next month ask cL for delta already convert to blue , so now I have 2 Blue total CL 7500 .
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

heirophant wrote:

If you already have an AMEX, though, it will not give you any preapproval offers.

It will, but you'll have to enter your login ID first.

There's a link on that page that says "Already a Cardmember?"  If you're an existing cardholder, you have to go through that link instead of filling out the form on the first page.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-11-2008 12:05 PM
Message 16 of 30
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT BUT JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAD AN OLD AMEX BUT DEFAULTED AND TRIED TO SET UP ON LINE ACCOUNT IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECOVER THE CID CODE WITHOUT THE PHYSICAL CARD? WHICH YOU NEED TO SET UP
"Here we go again!"

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT4BIZ wrote:
THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT BUT JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAD AN OLD AMEX BUT DEFAULTED AND TRIED TO SET UP ON LINE ACCOUNT IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECOVER THE CID CODE WITHOUT THE PHYSICAL CARD? WHICH YOU NEED TO SET UP

No, that's kind of the whole point of the CID.  It's supposed to indicate that the physical card is present.

Message 18 of 30
mipema
Contributor

Thanks for the link.  I just tried, but got this message.  Suppose I will check back in a while and post my results.

WE'RE SORRY!

Thank You. Unfortunately, we were not able to process your request for a preapproved offer at this time due to system maintenance. Please try again later or view other offers by following this link.

(links removed)

Message 19 of 30
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION. LOL
"Here we go again!"

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.