Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat-Spend $100 at Dell.com get $100 back

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

AMEX Plat-Spend $100 at Dell.com get $100 back

Looks like other products are sold on site too:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/american-express-benefits-at-dell/cp/american-express-benefits-at-de...

Might get some new headphones or a sound bar. Sweet deal. 

Have to add offer in Amex offers. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat-Spend $100 at Dell.com get $100 back

Don't see it in my offers tab...yet. Could be taking them a while to roll out to all accounts, as is often the case.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

Added to my Platinum. Available through January.  

Not sure what I'll get, but it might influence a monitor purchase. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Don't see it in my offers tab...yet. Could be taking them a while to roll out to all accounts, as is often the case.

Per DoC the offer isn't being extended to the co-branded variants, only the vanilla Platinum.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i also got the +1 membership points per dollar spent at dell.

so that's a plus.

and also rakuten if you have it set for membership points instead of cashback

Message 5 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so that's a plus.

Be careful with clicking through Rakuten as the Dell offer requires you to purchase through the amex-specific portal on the dell.com website.   If you buy through the main site it's going to be a big YMMV if the credit is applied.      It also won't work for outlet or off-lease purchases. 

I did a dummy run last night and the checkout page does appear to accept coupons. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

great heads up!

in my past experiences, as long as you click through rakuten and create a shopping trip, you can always go back and claim cash back as long as you have order confirmation from the same day.

Message 7 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so that's a plus.

Be careful with clicking through Rakuten as the Dell offer requires you to purchase through the amex-specific portal on the dell.com website.   If you buy through the main site it's going to be a big YMMV if the credit is applied.      It also won't work for outlet or off-lease purchases. 

I did a dummy run last night and the checkout page does appear to accept coupons. 

The language is almost the same as it is on the Business Platinum for the credit, the additional MRs, and the 10% statement credit.  The only difference is dell.com/amexplat instead of dell.com/amex as it is on the business card.  There's no need to actually go through that link; any purchase made directly with Dell Home or Dell Business for goods (not gift cards, outlets, or any type of service) will trigger the credit.

For those using Rakuten, I suggest waiting for one of the frequent 10% back days for Dell.  Since I also get 3% back for Dell Rewards (need to make $800+ in purchases during a 12 month period to qualify), there's nothing quite like getting at least 131% back on a $200 purchase on the business card!  I suppose the personal one will end up as 120% back for me, too.  Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

since the offers do not expire towards the end of the year, i think during black friday, rakuten offers really high percentage cash back.

Message 9 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

since the offers do not expire towards the end of the year, i think during black friday, rakuten offers really high percentage cash back.

My offer is good until the 31st of January.  I haven't seen Dell higher than 10%, but either Dell Home or Dell Business (sometimes both) has 10% at Rakuten rather consistently every 4-6 weeks since the changing of the name from Ebates.  Here's an example of Rakuten working with the business credit when Amex added the additional $100 for each half of 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.47.09 PM.png

Note that part of the item and the taxes were paid with existing Dell Rewards, but there's the Dell credit and the 10% back Amex Offer.  Below is the transaction in my Rakuten account.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.44.18 PM.png

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.