Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat Upgrade

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX Plat Upgrade

Was checking out to see if I have any offers and its says Uprade to Platinum on there Smiley Surprised

The AF is pretty high but i;d like to weigh the pro's/con;s on this card. Not even sure if its worth it for my spend. Is a HP required?

Plat cardholders chime in!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat Upgrade

Also since I recently upgraded to a PRG so would my AF be reduced if I upgraded??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 50
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Do you travel often, either domestically or internationally?

If so then the lounge access, airline credits, and no foreign exchange fees would likely be the best benefits to compensate for the AF.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Do you travel often, either domestically or internationally?

If so then the lounge access, airline credits, and no foreign exchange fees would likely be the best benefits to compensate for the AF.

Looking to travel more, I dont go often. How is this concierge service?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 50
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 - how you check the existing offers in your account?

Message 5 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

@LS2982 - how you check the existing offers in your account?

Log into your account and click the additional cards tab top right corner and click on view all personal cards. If you have any upgrade/preapproved offers it will be on the left hand side.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 50
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

You want NO part of that card nor it's AF until they offer up a 100k point offer.

Most of us have been on here w/ you long enough to know that your income/spend doesn't "easily" justify a $450/yr card - that's a LOT of spend. Nor does mind....

But that is why I am also waiting for the 100k offer next year.  

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

You want NO part of that card nor it's AF until they offer up a 100k point offer.

Most of us have been on here w/ you long enough to know that your income/spend doesn't "easily" justify a $450/yr card - that's a LOT of spend. Nor does mind....

But that is why I am also waiting for the 100k offer next year.  

I'm taking a guess i wouldn't get that offer if it was an upgrade not a cold app.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 50
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

You cant upgrade until you have has your current card 13 months... only can apply for a new card

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 9 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drinkthekoolaid wrote:

You cant upgrade until you have has your current card 13 months... only can apply for a new card

I'm aware of that, i've actually accepted an upgrade a few months ago from Zync to PRG. Curious about this card tho, I know its more than likely out of my

league Smiley Tongue But its the Plat. Baller status,

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.