Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat to Schwab Plat

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

AMEX Plat to Schwab Plat

beyond the hard pull for opening the brokerage and checking schwab accts, is a hard pull on schwab plat a possibility since its still AMEX? im currently a revolving and charge account holder thru amex but couldn’t find answers on this anywhere...

thanks guys
17 REPLIES 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Vanilla Plat to Schwab Plat

Since AMEX is the one processing the application and you're already a cardholder the possibility of it only being a SP is very high. YMMV as always with that though

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Vanilla Plat to Schwab Plat

My Ameriprise Platinum approval was HP, and I've been a card member for eons. So, YEMV as mentioned above. If SP then great, but expect a HP if anything.
Message 3 of 18
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat to Schwab Plat

From my personal experiance. My AMEX Schwab was 2nd to my last AMEX cards on my signature line, and it was a SP pull for me. I personally have not had a HP from AMEX since my first card.

Hope this helps.

Keep us posted

Message 4 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@elixerin wrote:
beyond the hard pull for opening the brokerage and checking schwab accts, is a hard pull on schwab plat a possibility since its still AMEX? im currently a revolving and charge account holder thru amex but couldn’t find answers on this anywhere...

thanks guys

My Schwab Amex card was Soft Pull

Message 5 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

HP but nearly 4 years ago.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 18
elixerin
Established Contributor

thanks Viper, wanted to gain all the knowledge before moving in deeper.. currently the Plat card i have is the only point earning card and i’ve gotten around 200kish points with welcome bonus included.. i was doing some big maths and found that 200k x 0.0125 (the Schwab points for cash redemption) is like $2500+.. in case i dont have plans for travel and only having put 36k on it so far this really isn’t bad, all of this without the schwab platinum welcome which im assuming i can obtain?

Long term goal is the BBP, downgrade this plat to gold and get the schwab platinum, all the welcome bonuses combined and my current spend this is great cash back if i cant seem to find favorable redemption options thru amextravel or transfer partners, this way i can feel a bit better being “stuck” with so many points and not “wasting” them through impulse redemptions, gonna wait till jan 2021 for second $50 saks credit, make use of all calendar credits and some time for everything to age THEN downgrade before second AF hits and circle back.. can’t wait Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@elixerin

That is exactly what I did ! Found out about the 1.25% to the Schwab brokerage Acct which then u can transfer to ur Schwab checking Acct . Signed up for Schwab normal sign up bonus and DOWNGRADED my Vanilla Platinum to Gold. Then got the business god and green - and all the MR points from all 4 cards go into the same Acct.

Hope this helps

Message 8 of 18
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I was under the impression that the cobrand Plats were HPs despite being AMEX-issued. Good to see that experiences denote otherwise.
Message 9 of 18
-Wright-
Valued Member

The CS Plat was my 8th AmEx and it was a soft pull. As a matter of fact of all 10 of my AmEx cards, the 1st was a hard pull and all others were soft. But as always YMMV. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.