Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

AMEX Plat

So far, liking the AMEX.

Booked some award travel and got charged a fee on top of the miles. Amex refunded the fee under the $200 annual credit. Nice...

One thing I do not like so far. You must have a Delta boarding pass for that days travel to enter a Delta lounge. Would be nice if any boarding pass for that day was enough. For example I was flying on AA but there wasn't an admirals club at that airport. I tried to get into the sky club, but they would not let me in since I wasn't flying on Delta.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat

@Dustink wrote:

So far, liking the AMEX.

Booked some award travel and got charged a fee on top of the miles. Amex refunded the fee under the $200 annual credit. Nice...

One thing I do not like so far. You must have a Delta boarding pass for that days travel to enter a Delta lounge. Would be nice if any boarding pass for that day was enough. For example I was flying on AA but there wasn't an admirals club at that airport. I tried to get into the sky club, but they would not let me in since I wasn't flying on Delta.

That's the difference between having lounge access and full membership. I'd check if there are any other lounges in that airport that you could use via Priority Pass Select. Worst case scenario, you could always buy a day pass and have it reimbursed using your airline credit.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 5
nickn86
Contributor

IIRC, the Plat card allows entrance into the U.S. Airways lounge regardless of whether or not you're flying U.S. Air.

EDIT: CreditScholar, does "full membership" provide other perks over just access?

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 3 of 5
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@nickn86 wrote:

IIRC, the Plat card allows entrance into the U.S. Airways lounge regardless of whether or not you're flying U.S. Air.

EDIT: CreditScholar, does "full membership" provide other perks over just access?

There can be some differences, primarily around partner lounge access and other amenities like wifi. Some cards like the AA Executive WEMC provide full membership, which also allows them into partner lounges like Qantas when they have a Qantas ticket. In contrast an Amex plat won't offer any access to Qantas lounges even if they're both part of OneWorld. Also in some cases full membership entitles guests to free use of the wifi services, while guests with access only might have to pait for it.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I want the Platinum!!! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.