Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 5X Airfare to compete with CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum 5X Airfare to compete with CSR

On the AMEX Website, they are giving 5x rewards for travel to compete with the CSR. 

Although CSR has 3X for dining too. IT IS A GREAT BOOST! 

Im not sure if anyone else posted about this but yeah. COMPETITION!

I have both cards and got both sign up bonuses pretty fast. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum 5X Airfare to compete with CSR

@Anonymous wrote:

On the AMEX Website, they are giving 5x rewards for travel to compete with the CSR. 

Although CSR has 3X for dining too. IT IS A GREAT BOOST! 

Im not sure if anyone else posted about this but yeah. COMPETITION!

I have both cards and got both sign up bonuses pretty fast. 

It's been thoroughly and then some discussed on this forum.  Good reminder though as it's a big improvement.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't call what Amex did as competition.

Competition would mean it's something that makes a customer decide between 2 products. No one is paying any attention to the Amex Platinum.
Message 3 of 12
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Competition would mean it's something that makes a customer decide between 2 products. No one is paying any attention to the Amex Platinum.

It's the greatest card on the market w/ Prestige(until July 2017) that you don't have to swipe to get a ton of travel perks.

The competition isn't close on travel benefits compared to Amex.  All the other products are based spend and accumulating points.

I stayed at a Marriott last weekend and used my CSR to pay but Amex Plat gave me the gold status for free breakfast and late check-out.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Correction: YOU aren't paying attention to the AmEx Platinum. Smiley Happy I will be using this card for my flights now. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your last statement is ridiculous.  These kind of over pronunciations do no one any good and are based on a lack of knowledge.  If a card has no appeal to you that's fine but please refrain from making over broad statements that lead new posters to believe something that is untrue.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have both the Amex Platinum and the CSR. I'm using the CSR heavily right now to meet minimum spending but once I do, I'll be allocating certain expenses to certain cards to optimize my rewards potential.
Message 7 of 12
r34dy2fly
Contributor

The Platinum card offers a ton of perks right off the bat. I recently downgraded my Platinum Card to PRG but I'll most likely close that card and apply for a new Platinum card with Schwab to grab that new user bonus. Their MR is a far superior product in my opinion over Thank You points.
Message 8 of 12
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I'm stupid but I'm certainly paying attention to mine. Dont' tell Amex though - I want them to think that the card is dead to me.

Message 9 of 12
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your last statement is ridiculous.  These kind of over pronunciations do no one any good and are based on a lack of knowledge.  If a card has no appeal to you that's fine but please refrain from making over broad statements that lead new posters to believe something that is untrue.

If I could Kudo you 18 times I would!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.