Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Approved !!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX Platinum Approved !!

I recently got a Zync from AMEX and just got a platinum pre-approval in the mail.

Are those pre-approvals pretty much a good indication that I can get approved?

Since I travel a lot, I could use the lounge facilities and the other platinum perks.

So Im wondering what kind of scores they look for. I was shocked to get a preapproval for a platinum.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum Score

How long have you had the Zync? I believe its a general consensus on here that all cards have mostly the same requirements and you simply pay for benefits in the form of the AF. If your on good terms with them, I would apply for it. If the pre approval didn't have a bonus you may want to Google around and see what the best offer is.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

I have had the Zync for 1 week now and the bonus on the platinum says that In the next 3 months, I have to spend $1000 and I will get 25000 points.

Message 3 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can ask Amex but most likely you have to wait for 12 months before you can do product upgrade due to the recent credit card regulation act.

Message 4 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Holy Cow, I was just approved for the Platinum.

I just called them and ask them some questions since I just got a Zync and she put me on hold and came back after 1  minute or so and said , Congratulations you have been approved for the Platinum.

I'm excited !!!

Message 5 of 19
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

@CS800 wrote:

I just called them and ask them some questions since I just got a Zync and she put me on hold and came back after 1  minute or so and said , Congratulations you have been approved for the Platinum.

I'm excited !!!

HUGE congrats! Are you going to use both?

Message 6 of 19
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! I am also tempted to apply for one -- anyone willing to spring for the AF?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 7 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@OnMyMiNd04 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I'm excited !!!

HUGE congrats! Are you going to use both?

Oh yeah, The platinum for travels and hotel stays and rack up some points. I have 3 months to spend $1000 so I can get 50000 points.

Message 8 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

Congratulations!! I am also tempted to apply for one -- anyone willing to spring for the AF?

If you travel much, then this card if for you. The AF itself pays for the lounge access and benefits with the priority pass (over 600 lounges worldwide)

I just used the sales pitch of the agent on the phone lol but she was right.

Message 9 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I think given the appropiate spending patterns (ie; lots of regular travel spend) it makes sense, but for those of us who dont travel other than vacation its not worth the AF IMO.  Maybe in the future if I have to do a lot of traveling but for now iPR Gold makes more sense, still if you can make use of it, its definately one of the best!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.