Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum: CreditSecure monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum: CreditSecure monitoring

I have the American Express Platinum card and just discovered they offer CreditSecure monitoring for $1.99 for the first month, and $11.99 per month thereafter.  It says instant access to three-bureau credit reports and scores twice every 30 days, and daily credit monitoring and alerts of key changes to my credit.  Cancel at anytime.

1. Is that a good price?
  2. Does anyone have experience using CreditSecure via AMEX Platinum?
  3. Does checking my own credit show a “hit” or inquiry on my credit report?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum: CreditSecure monitoring

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the American Express Platinum card and just discovered they offer CreditSecure monitoring for $1.99 for the first month, and $11.99 per month thereafter.  It says instant access to three-bureau credit reports and scores twice every 30 days, and daily credit monitoring and alerts of key changes to my credit.  Cancel at anytime.

1. Is that a good price? I think so. It's cheaper than MyFico. Good credit monitor, IMO.
  2. Does anyone have experience using CreditSecure via AMEX Platinum? Yes. I have the Green Card. Just remember these are PLUS Credit Scores. Not true Fico scores.
  3. Does checking my own credit show a “hit” or inquiry on my credit report? No

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply!  So theres a difference between PLUS credit scores and FICO?   I’m a new member, and just learning the ropes here, so sorry if that’s a elementary question :-)

If there is a difference in PLUS and FICO, then whats more reputable and used by most banks and mortgage lenders?   

Message 3 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!  So theres a difference between PLUS credit scores and FICO?   I’m a new member, and just learning the ropes here, so sorry if that’s a elementary question :-)

If there is a difference in PLUS and FICO, then whats more reputable and used by most banks and mortgage lenders?   

The Plus scores are called FAKOS because they are not generally used by lenders.  Checking your own credit is a soft hit so doesn't impact score and is not viewable by lenders.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Is that a good price?
  2. Does anyone have experience using CreditSecure via AMEX Platinum?
  3. Does checking my own credit show a “hit” or inquiry on my credit report?

Is Amex CS offering you an upgrade for $21.99 so you can pull all three of your reports daily?

Message 5 of 15
LEXiiON
Valued Member

Fused,

I made a mistake. I wrote daily to IIecs. It is actual unlimited:

Quote:

Upgrade to Unlimited Report Updates

Have an interest in updating your report and information more frequently? You have the option to get unlimited credit reports from all 3 bureaus for an extra $10 each month. Your total monthly membership fee would become $21.99 ($11.99 + $10) for CreditSecure with unlimited reports.

Now have they ever though about that you possibly can make your CR really large by doing multiple Pulls a day?

But then, why would you want multiple reports daily?

LEXiiON

Message 6 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Some of us like to be able to pull daily for various reasons: credit fixing mode, to prevent ID theft, just curious, just obsessive-compulsive. I'm a long time subscriber of CS, so I was curious to see if new subscribers have the same options as old-timers do.

Message 7 of 15
LEXiiON
Valued Member

Hi Fused,

I am a new subscriber. I signed up 06/22. And I got the upgrade offer. Yes and I am aware that some like to pull daily, but they say unlimited (what do you think happens to your file at the CRA if you pull hourly for a year Smiley Surprised ?)

Good to know that they still offer it...

LEXiiON

Message 8 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@LEXiiON wrote:

Hi Fused,

I am a new subscriber. I signed up 06/22. And I got the upgrade offer. Yes and I am aware that some like to pull daily, but they say unlimited (what do you think happens to your file at the CRA if you pull hourly for a year Smiley Surprised ?)

Good to know that they still offer it...

LEXiiON

Actually, its only one pull of all three reports per day. I guess that is what CS means when they say unlimited pulls. Fewer and fewer credit monitoring services are allowing daily pulls of all three reports. 

Message 9 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I wound up canceling CreditSecure, after I realized that even with daily pulls, they only actually update once a week or so on my reports, even the Experian one. I knew this after checking the full reports from the individual CRA's, and then pulling a CS report and seeing old balances. It happened enough times that it just didn't seem worth it.

I honestly don't think that there are any 3-report monitoring services that do daily pulls any more.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.