cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Upgrade. Long time coming.

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Platinum Upgrade. Long time coming.

@kerplunk wrote:

1. This should be in the approvals forum.

2. I agree with nettiher: charge cards are easy to get and you missed out on the sign-up bonus.

3. Congratulations, that’s a nice card if you can utilize its benefits.

@kerplunk, this is not an actual approval per se.  It is an upgrade from an existing product.  As with a variety of similar threads, these remain in the current forum. 

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Amex charge cards are relatively easy to get. They accept scores as low as 640, partly because they are not really extending you credit as a revolver would. I think it would've been better if you had applied for Amex Plat instead of upgrading to it so that you would have been eligible for the sign-up bonus!

Buzz Killington over here........

hahaha, lmao.

Yeah, he did make a good point, try to get big subs with every app!

Message 12 of 29
BlueMystic
New Contributor

I literally fell out of my **bleep** chair....

Smiley Surprised I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Anyway, kudos! It's a great card with excellent benefits and service.

Message 13 of 29
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Amex charge cards are relatively easy to get. They accept scores as low as 640, partly because they are not really extending you credit as a revolver would. I think it would've been better if you had applied for Amex Plat instead of upgrading to it so that you would have been eligible for the sign-up bonus!

hahaha, lmao.

Duly noted. I will get good mileage out of this card......pun intended. Will be booking a lot of flights and am throwing in a trip to Vegas too probably over the next year. From LGA to LAS that's a Centurion lounge hang at both spots as I'm waiting for my flight....will be getting there nice and early Smiley Very Happy

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 14 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

hahaha, lmao.

Duly noted. I will get good mileage out of this card......pun intended. Will be booking a lot of flights and am throwing in a trip to Vegas too probably over the next year. From LGA to LAS that's a Centurion lounge hang at both spots as I'm waiting for my flight....will be getting there nice and early Smiley Very Happy

The lounges are very nice, but keep two things in mind:

1. CentLGA is pre-TSA.

2. The CL access rules have recently changed for Platinum.

• No access on reaching your final destination
  • Full access on layovers
  • Access on initial departures is limited to within three hours of your original flight time
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your upgrade !!!!!

Message 16 of 29
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your new credit card upgrade approval!

Message 17 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your Gold > Platinum upgrade @CreditRebuilder2020.  Enjoy the perks that come with the Platinum card Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your upgrade to the Platinum! Great job of rebuilding! Hard work paying off! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Thanks for the DPs.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.