Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Pre Qual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Pre Qual

Not sure how to square the results with expectations on this one.

AE was IIB in 2009, Plat and AE Blue were the unfortunate victims, so todays pre qual results were surprising.

BK still showing for another 60 days, 3 hrs 10 mins, but whos counting.  Anywho...

Pre Qualed:  Platinum, AE Blue EveryDay, AE Cash Magnet

I figured the Plat with its 550 AF was just away to scratch a little back from 2009.

Do you think these would actually make it thru UW or would the blacklist throw the denial flag?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Pre Qual

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure how to square the results with expectations on this one.

AE was IIB in 2009, Plat and AE Blue were the unfortunate victims, so todays pre qual results were surprising.

BK still showing for another 60 days, 3 hrs 10 mins, but whos counting.  Anywho...

Pre Qualed:  Platinum, AE EveryDay, AE Cash

I figured the Plat with its 550 AF was just away to scratch a little back from 2009.

Do you think these would actually make it thru UW or would the blacklist throw the denial flag?

That is valid!  15 days, 3 hours, 50 min here.....but yeah who's counting...

Did it give you a single APR?

Message 2 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I would plan to app for what you want from AMEX if you think you're ready to get back in with them. Worst case if you're blacklisted they won't pull your credit so no harm no foul.

Message 3 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The prequal just looks at basic info to kick back offers. It won't be until you app before it gets checked against the blacklist. You have to be at least 5 yrs 1 mos from discharge to even have a shot, but depending on how much you burned them for, you could be waiting another 10 years before they even think of letting you back in, if ever.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, range

"0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable APR, 15.24% to 26.24%."

Given AE's long memory I expected to see no offers at all.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BA took it square in the sack, but AE just got grazed for about 1200 plat & 3200 Blue...

But before 2009 they loved me long time.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex pre-quals are an affirmation that you're battling back but I wouldn't get too high on them.  There's no way to know for sure until you apply, but thankfully there's no hard pull if blacklisted.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.