Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold

Hello all,

I was recently approved for the AMEX Gold card last month and am having second thoughts. What lured me on was the membership beneifts when it comes to travel etc. I travel a lot and plan to do much more in the future. However, after looking at the AMEX Prefferred Card, I think this may be a better option as I use my Gold Rewards card for everyday purchases and the Gold seems to fall short for groceries etc. 

My credit is pretty good so I am sure will be approved, I know how AMEX can be if you attempt to get cards from them in a short amount of time. Maybe I should just wait out my free year of the Gold card and make a decision then? 

What are your thoughts??

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Premier Rewards Gold

I think you should wait a little bit more.

Message 2 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

They will allow you to switch to the Premier Rewards after 6 months. Don't waste a year earning less than average rewards. Upgrade it after six months.
Message 3 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait for a decent bonus offer for PRG.  Since you can only get one for each card (forever) at this point, don't go for it until you can get the most bang for your hard pull.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick reply! Thank you so much...How's that Chase Saphire card treating you? I was thisssss close to getting it. 

Message 5 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Lexington, Chase has treated me well with this card. UR is probably one of the most valuable rewards system if considering to redeem for travel or for cashback alike. 2X Dining and travel are a plus considering my dining expenses are well over $1k a month.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice...good to hear. Also, would you know where the help topic is for our signatures? Mine keeps cutting off at the bottom...sorry for the newbie question! 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn...I already got the Gold Card

Message 8 of 9
tjones9234
Contributor

13 months to upgrade not 6
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.