Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX REQUEST CLI ?

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

AMEX REQUEST CLI ?

Hi everyone, when requesting a cli for amex using the number on the back of the card do you end up speaking with a live rep, or is it an instant approval or denial via the virtual automatic service, thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX REQUEST CLI ?

It's automated and will give you an instant decision. Just went through it myself and they counter with a diff number. In the end it was still an approval. Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:
It's automated and will give you an instant decision. Just went through it myself and they counter with a diff number. In the end it was still an approval. Good luck!

If I may piggy back on this question, do they do an instant pull (soft, as I understand) or do they rely on previous pulls? (I am trying to decide my timing).

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

If I may piggy back on this question, do they do an instant pull (soft, as I understand) or do they rely on previous pulls? (I am trying to decide my timing).

Usually they do a soft right when you request; thats been the case in the last few CLI's I've received from them.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did it now on the phone (68 days).  The automated function says that it can take CLI requests up to $25,000 via the automated system. I asked for 3x my CL as recommended on this Board, it then asked for income, then it was instantly approved. It will either approve you right away or counter offer a lower amount. Both ways are a soft pull. If you get neither and you want to take it further, you could be looking at a hard pull.

Message 5 of 8
tray
Valued Contributor

I just want to thank everyone who responded to this thread, I just went ahead and called amex on the phone automatic system to request a cli, and was approved less then 1 minute when answering all the questions, it was on the Costco Amex just had the card only for 5 months asked for 3Xlimit with no problems went from 2K to 6K and already reporting online, but was a little concerned at first since I did not see the request cli on my online account for any of my accounts for which last cli was 7 months ago  on my other card Amex Blue so just goes to show you do not need to worry about the cli link online, thanks again.  Also for SevenNew I say go for it either way you have nothing to lose it is a soft pull, good luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 8
Cranston
Established Member

Congrats on the CLI. Yes, there automated phone service is very easy to use.

Message 7 of 8
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Thank you to all for the replies -- I will try in a couple of weeks...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.