Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SPG Member Date Earlier than Initial Card

tag
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

AMEX SPG Member Date Earlier than Initial Card

A little confused here.  I applied and was approved for the Green card around December 29th 2012.  The card arrived with a "Member Since" date of 2013, after attempting to get this changed, I was advised that it's based on when the card is generated (which was in January 2013).  So applied for the SPG and recieved it today.  When I open the envelope, the card has a "Member Since" date of "12".  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's just.....interesting.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX SPG Member Date Earlier than Initial Card

When you login to your Amex account it should say near the top of the page "Thank you for being a cardmember since 20XX." Does it say 2012 or 2013? I'm thinking the member since date on your Green card is a typo and when the SPG was backdated the correct date was issued on that card. Either way what matters is what's reporting on your reports not on your cards.

Message 2 of 3
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX SPG Member Date Earlier than Initial Card

@Anonymous wrote:

When you login to your Amex account it should say near the top of the page "Thank you for being a cardmember since 20XX." Does it say 2012 or 2013? I'm thinking the member since date on your Green card is a typo and when the SPG was backdated the correct date was issued on that card. Either way what matters is what's reporting on your reports not on your cards.

It says 2012 on the site.  Good point also...my Green still hasn't reported yet, I'll make sure to keep an eye out though.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.