Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SUB Changed after approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX SUB Changed after approval

I applied for and was approved for the AMEX Delta Gold on 02/27/2021. It had the 35k miles SUB when I applied. I haven't received the card yet. Looking on AMEX's website today, the offer has changed to 70k SUB.  Anyone have prior experiences to try and get the new SUB? Just call and see? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX SUB Changed after approval

Unfortunately, whichever AmEx promotional SUB you applied with and were approved will not be matched or adjusted to any of the current promotions.

Message 2 of 9
Repairman
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Unfortunately, whichever AmEx promotional SUB you applied with and were approved will not be matched or adjusted to any of the current promotions.

I was planning on applying for the Blue Cash Everyday card, but now also want to jump on the AMEX Delta Gold because of the SUB. Do you know if I would be able to apply for both on the same day? Or do I need to wait a certain amount of time between applications? I am already an AMEX card holder.

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Repairman wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I was planning on applying for the Blue Cash Everyday card, but now also want to jump on the AMEX Delta Gold because of the SUB. Do you know if I would be able to apply for both on the same day? Or do I need to wait a certain amount of time between applications? I am already an AMEX card holder.

I would venture to say you should be ok as long as you don't get a pop-up window or promt that you'd be ineligible for the SUB during the application process.  If your profile can support the apps, I wouldn't see why not.

How many AmEx CCs - charge or revolvers - have you opened in the past 6 months, if any?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. CSR told me this morning the same. Your SUB is when you apply. Ah well. Would have been nice, though.

Message 5 of 9
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I know that feeling - wished I waited too....

Plat card was 60K SUB for me and then couple of months later they increased to 100K.

Was bummed but  I still got value with this card every year...

Message 6 of 9
Repairman
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I would venture to say you should be ok as long as you don't get a pop-up window or promt that you'd be ineligible for the SUB during the application process.  If your profile can support the apps, I wouldn't see why not.

How many AmEx CCs - charge or revolvers - have you opened in the past 6 months, if any?

I haven't opened any AMEX cards in the past 6 months. Both of my current AMEX cards have years of history.

Message 7 of 9
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the information. CSR told me this morning the same. Your SUB is when you apply. Ah well. Would have been nice, though.

Sorry. I've been wanting that card too, but was specifically waiting for the SUB to increase before I pulled the trigger.

Message 8 of 9
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same thing happened to me with the Gold card. In November I applied and the offer was 60K MR points with $4000 spend in 6 months.  Less than a week later they increased the offer. I can't remember if the MR points went up but I know they had added a $250 dining credit bonus where you'd get so much back each time you dined out. I think it was 20% back until you got $250 back. Nonetheless I called Amex and they wouldn't budge. I mean I pondered for weeks about getting the card and once I finally applied I was like 3 to 4 days off from getting the increased offer.  My timing was a little off. At least on the brightside the offer had previously been 35K MR points though!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.