Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Save Your Reputation, Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Save Your Reputation, Please

To me benefits and service is enough to for me to consider amex my favorite credit card co. Everyone will have their favorite...Some will like amex, some not...I use all of their airport services and travel services also...
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm enjoying the Platinum card right now.  Centurion Lounge in Vegas is pretty special.    Access to this lounge is one of the main reasons for me getting this card as I travel here often.  LTL is right though that they have to expand their lounge base even more.  4 in the U.S. isn't keeping up with the competition.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm enjoying the Platinum card right now.  Centurion Lounge is Vegas is pretty special.    Access to this lounge is one of the main reasons for me getting this card as I travel here often.  LTL is right though that they have to expand their lounge base even more.  4 in the U.S. isn't keeping up with the competition.

Oh Nice... Enjoy it!!

Message 13 of 27
rlx01
Established Contributor

After the $200 airline credit, this is. $250AF card that's mainly useful for large purchases where you want insurance/warranty benefits and FHR bookings (which can easily save you hundreds per stay).

So in that regard, it's fine.

I prefer the PRG due to the bonus categories, and as of 06/01, $100 airline credit and no FTF.

That said, most of my spend is on the SPG and CSP.

I plan to use the Prestige instead of the CSP once it arrives (PC'ed from AA Exec).
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am only concerned with who will give me credit, the largest amount of credit given my length of credit history, and the best rates and cash back or miles are a perk but not a prerequisite. 

Message 15 of 27
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am only concerned with who will give me credit, the largest amount of credit given my length of credit history, and the best rates and cash back or miles are a perk but not a prerequisite. 

? What...

If Credit One offered a Charge card with high internal limits and no grace period, you would apply for it?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 16 of 27
Makersmark23
New Contributor

Being practical is great and all, but as with any hobby (and I consider CC reward hunting a hobby) there are just some impractical elements that make it fun.

So for me, feeling good about a particular brand is okay, I just wish the brand I chose, however abruptly, would improve.
[img]http://s26.postimage.org/vht4qanid/Sallie_Mae_WMC.jpg[/img]
Message 17 of 27
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I'm still high on Amex. In my eyes they're awesome. I get exactly what I need with them..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 18 of 27
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

I'm still high on Amex. In my eyes they're awesome. I get exactly what I need with them..

I'm perfectly happy with AMEX, except that they refuse to pc my bce to ED/EDP. 

But I digress.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad I don't have to deal with Amex anymore.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.