Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Select & Pay Later

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX Select & Pay Later

Anyone familiar with this??

I recieved a letter today saying my account is eligible for this on 6/7.

18.24% APR on SPL charges. Can choose charges that were over $100 for SPL.

I'm a little on the fence on this, anyone with experience with this?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Select & Pay Later

Message 2 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Is that the same as sign and travel account?

I don't know, i didn't know you could pay over time on a NPSL account. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 22
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Anyone familiar with this??

I recieved a letter today saying my account is eligible for this on 6/7.

18.24% APR on SPL charges. Can choose charges that were over $100 for SPL.

I'm a little on the fence on this, anyone with experience with this?

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/pay-over-time/loc.html

I was offered this when I got my Gold card.  Haven't used it though. 

Message 4 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Everyone gets the same terms for pay over time with a charge card. Sometimes they offer MR points if you activate it. If they did, go ahead and do it, if not there isnt really a reason to. The apr sucks.

Also, a little while ago there was stories of some people getting this offer, and when they accepted it triggered an FR, but i haven't heard of that in quite some time.
Message 5 of 22
shakalaka
Established Contributor

There is a link somewhere out there in the web, which gives you 10K points if you sign up.

I have it also, it is nice. They automatically put every charge above $100 into the select and pay later bucket and on your statement you only have to pay the minimum amount when due. Rest will revolve up to a maximum of 35K (standard). If you PIF nothing changes.

So I have 10K points for signing up and a safety net if I really may need it ... money for nothing ...

Oh and my duedate is now 25 days after statement Smiley Very Happy and no longer please pay by after 15 days.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Everyone gets the same terms for pay over time with a charge card. Sometimes they offer MR points if you activate it. If they did, go ahead and do it, if not there isnt really a reason to. The apr sucks.

Also, a little while ago there was stories of some people getting this offer, and when they accepted it triggered an FR, but i haven't heard of that in quite some time.

I just enrolled in the Pay over time feature.................now im scurred Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

There is a link somewhere out there in the web, which gives you 10K points if you sign up.

I have it also, it is nice. They automatically put every charge above $100 into the select and pay later bucket and on your statement you only have to pay the minimum amount when due. Rest will revolve up to a maximum of 35K (standard). If you PIF nothing changes.

So I have 10K points for signing up and a safety net if I really may need it ... money for nothing ...

Oh and my duedate is now 25 days after statement Smiley Very Happy and no longer please pay by after 15 days.

That could be helpful! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

That was a year or two ago i saw those stories LS. Should be fine.
Message 9 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
That was a year or two ago i saw those stories LS. Should be fine.

Yea i'm always worried AMEX will hit me with an FR. I have upped my spending some in the past couple months but always PIF.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.