Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Site..... with cards

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

AMEX Site..... with cards

logged on to the amex site today and i always check to see if i have any offers or upgrades. well today on the left it said upgrade your membership. gave me both golds and plat!!!! never had it before 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Site..... with cards

@afbar1114 wrote:

logged on to the amex site today and i always check to see if i have any offers or upgrades. well today on the left it said upgrade your membership. gave me both golds and plat!!!! never had it before 

Congrats on your offers!!    Would you mind telling me where is that section located? I've been trying to figure out how can see if I'm prequalfied for another card but have not been able to find where to check.  Is it a feature on the site that only appears if you have offers?

Slowly building....
Message 2 of 10
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Congrats on your offers!!    Would you mind telling me where is that section located? I've been trying to figure out how can see if I'm prequalfied for another card but have not been able to find where to check.  Is it a feature on the site that only appears if you have offers?

It normally appears on your home page, as a banner, above your current card's image and information.  In my experience, if you have a charge card, it's normally a charge card upgrade offer that appears above it (i.e.. gold to platinum or green to gold/platinum), for CCs, it may say Blue to Blue Cash Preferred.  

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 3 of 10
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I recieved an email from AMEX offering me a Platinum Card this past Tuesday. I don't see where my usage would benefit me and off set the increased af of $450. vs $ 125. for my Gold Card.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeeandDee wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

TeeandDee,
If you are interested in another AMEX product, just apply for it. Since it is only a soft pull application (until you get approved) you won't be getting a hardpull if you get denied. I could never find anywhere on the sites if I prequalified for additional offers, but app'd anyway to the cards I wanted and got approved for them both.

Message 5 of 10
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

TeeandDee,
If you are interested in another AMEX product, just apply for it. Since it is only a soft pull application (until you get approved) you won't be getting a hardpull if you get denied. I could never find anywhere on the sites if I prequalified for additional offers, but app'd anyway to the cards I wanted and got approved for them both.

if you just want another american express, just wait to get the max. backdating..

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 6 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 6.04.20 PM.png

the thing on the side that says upgrade memebrship. it has never been there before

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 7 of 10
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Mine has said upgrade to Platinum since DAY 1 that I got PRG. No way Amex I love you, but you are not getting $450 outta me.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 8 of 10
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

TeeandDee,

if you just want another american express, just wait to get the max. backdating..

Thanks for the info.  I have a ways to go before I will be apping for a new AMEX because I haven't had my Zync even six months yet.  My plan is to wait for a year, unless offers appear on the website. Then I may go for it earlier...lol Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 9 of 10
Iamvee
Established Member

Only had my zync for a month and change now, love it. hopefully it'll help me get a BCE then maybe a BCP when I start to earn higher income.

Fico score: TU: 684 Date 8/8/2012 EQ : 647 Date 8/25/2012
EX: 651 Date 7/21/2012
Wallet: CAP one: 300 // AMEX Zync: 500
Garden since 8/18/12
Goal: 750 across the board

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.