Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Soft pulling 2-3x month now ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Soft pulling 2-3x month now ??

How come on this world providing your tax returns is invasive of your privacy? It means you are faking your income and want all the good things in the world by bluffing?
Message 21 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:
I had two updates in April. One on the 13th and another on the 23rd. None so far for May.

I'm still waiting for my May update as well.  Smiley Frustrated

Any other month I really wouldn't be bothered by it, but I'm eligible to try (yet again...) for a CLI on my BCP, and my score should have a nice bump since last month due to my last baddie dropping off. 

Of course since I "need" it to update it will be late this month... LOL.  It's a bit like waiting for paint to dry!  Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
How come on this world providing your tax returns is invasive of your privacy? It means you are faking your income and want all the good things in the world by bluffing?

Because when you give them permission to see your tax transcript (which is all they usually accept) they not only see your income, but much, much more - including any information that might be present regarding your spouse or dependents (including their social security numbers, even if they aren't on your credit card account).

Many people (but not all) feel this is an overreach, and that a credit card account isn't worth it.  It's subjective... we just have to do what's best for each of us.

Message 23 of 30
elim
Senior Contributor

1 month...

Your FICO® Score as of May 14th 742 
On April 13th your score was 683
Message 24 of 30
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It does not mean that you are faking your income.  Tax returns do not necessarily show your income.  If my business usually makes me $75k a year, but I buy a $100k piece of machinery and section 179 expense most of it, my income will show zero.  I might do that next year too.  Or how about if you have a net operating loss from previous years.  There are likely hundreds of ways you could be pocketing a decent income while showing a below-poverty income on your latest 2 returns.

Also, if you choose to play fast & loose with your deductions, that's between you, the IRS, and maybe a big guy named Biff your future cellmate.  That should have nothing to do with Amex.

Message 25 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just noticed that this month I have already had 3 scores update in my FICO monitoring on AMEXs site -- months prior it was usually one per month on an exact date (16th).  I have had a score on the 1st, the 8th and now the 15th (score went down on the 1st, up on 8th and today).  Are they watching me?  After my BofA BS reported as closed is when I noticed they started SPing more -- may be coincidence or may not be.  Checked my EXP report and saw the 3 SPs on those dates too.

What a rump.  Sometimes I really regret getting so involved in the "Credit game", but couldnt help it after the excitement of my crap credit going up to the 700s.  May be overreacting but after BofA's AA Im on edge.  NO new apps, new accts, nothnig since then, FYI.  Nada.  

Oh well time will tell Smiley Very Happy  Maybe they're SPing me to give a CLI Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy 

Lol, I almost which all of my lenders would SP that often to keep up with my reports as they keep getting better.  THat way when I go for increases they'll have the updated info vs being months behind.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine updated 5/11.  They may only update when you have a score change.

Same.  I just logged in and checked mine and it updated on 5/11.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

March 26

May 4

Message 28 of 30
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I had 2 scores in March but I applied for a new card when the second score showed up. This month's score was about 12 days earlier than normal. My wife's was about 9 days earlier.

@Anonymous wrote:

What a rump.  Sometimes I really regret getting so involved in the "Credit game", but couldnt help it after the excitement of my crap credit going up to the 700s.  May be overreacting but after BofA's AA Im on edge.  NO new apps, new accts, nothnig since then, FYI.  Nada.   

What was the AA and what led to it?  It could be one or both that concerns AmEx.  As stated above, no point in worrying over the SP's.  If AmEx wants to AA, FR, etc they will when they will and that's when you need to worry about it.

@Anonymous wrote:
How come on this world providing your tax returns is invasive of your privacy?

It's not about this world but a subjective matter.  I've had no problems submitting 4506-T's for AmEx.  Some do.  Do whatever it is that works for you.

Message 29 of 30
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

1 month...

Your FICO® Score as of May 14th 742 
On April 13th your score was 683

Nice! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.