Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Special Offers

tag
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Special Offers

+1, I never see any "special offers". When I click the "View special offers" tab, it forces me to sign in since it knows I am a cardmember. When i sign in, it takes me to (what seems to be) the generic card screen. Is it implying that I am pre-approved (but need to apply) for these cards? What i see after I log in is the dude sitting there with a delta skymiles, and under it 2 sections: Featured Offers, Most Popular Offers. 

Can someone explain this to me? TIA! 

Message 11 of 17

I have a Zync card, and I get the same as you - I try to see if I have any special offers, but after I log in, it shows me only 'member favorites' or something like that.  If I click on the link to see 'my special offers', it forces me to re-login again, and then the process starts over.  I've only had Zync for about 6 months, but have built up a good history with them to date - all positive.  Was just curious if I pre-qualified for anything better than Zync.

Message 12 of 17
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

It seems like once you have one amex card you don't get the preapproval screen anymore. I guess this can be taken as you have already met some if not all of the requirements for their cards. So while approval is not guaranteed, chances are much better if you are already a cardmember for 6+ months.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 13 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I kinda figured where the thread was going. Those offers only apply to the actual member, not ACMS.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This may have just been advertising.

+1

Message 15 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Sometime back i logged on and I already have a PlaT AMEX and it said to me that i was pre-approved for a Platinum AMEX. I should have take na screenshot of that.

Message 16 of 17
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Here's a question. I currently have an amex green card opened in February 2012. Lets say I want to apply for another amex card in the future. Will I not get a signup bonus if I apply for a new card? For example lets say I want the platinum. The website sees that I am already a cardmember so it says "upgrade" instead of apply for. If I "upgrade" my account I have to pay the AF and do not get the signup bonus. If I apply over the phone without mentioning I am a previous cardholder will it be a hard pull no matter what the outcome?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.