Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Starwood preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Starwood preferred

Good day everyone,

I just applied and got instantly approved for the AMEX starwood card with a CL of $5000.00 my highest limit. Does anyone else have this card and is it a pretty good card? I was intrigued by the 10,000 free points with the first purchase..

I have both a AMEX student and blue card right now and have been with them since 2004, i'm pretty sure this card will show as being opened in 2004 as well? So i will have that history on this card as well as the CL?

If anyone has any info or experience with this card I would love to hear it, also this is my 3rd card with AMEX does anyone know if there is some sort of limit to how many cards someone should have from a CC company, do they frown upon a lot? MY other 2 cards have a $0.00 balance on both I always PIF with AMEX, thanks everyone..

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Starwood preferred

JDizzle wrote:
Good day everyone,

I just applied and got instantly approved for the AMEX starwood card with a CL of $5000.00 my highest limit. Does anyone else have this card and is it a pretty good card? I was intrigued by the 10,000 free points with the first purchase..

I have both a AMEX student and blue card right now and have been with them since 2004, i'm pretty sure this card will show as being opened in 2004 as well? So i will have that history on this card as well as the CL?

If anyone has any info or experience with this card I would love to hear it, also this is my 3rd card with AMEX does anyone know if there is some sort of limit to how many cards someone should have from a CC company, do they frown upon a lot? MY other 2 cards have a $0.00 balance on both I always PIF with AMEX, thanks everyone..

Congrats on the card. They are on my wishlist.

Don't know the other answers, but your new card should show an open date of 2008.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

JDizzle wrote:
Good day everyone,

It should show an opening date that matches your other cards. At least that's what Amex did for me (without my asking).

I don't know if AMEX has a limit on the number of cards you can have with them. I DO know that they are very good with moving your CL around. If, for example, you wanted to increase the limit on one of your cards, you can simply move part of the limit from another card over. And you can do it all online, without calling customer service. Then, you can move it back later if you want. You must, however, keep a $1,000 limit on any card. IOW, you can't move the entire balance of one card over.

I had 3 BofA cards and they never seemed to mind. Eventually, since two of the cards had the same reward program, I just combined the higher APR card into the lower one, and cancelled the high APR card. So, sometimes having more than one card with a company is helpful.

One caution I would give you with AMEX is this:  don't get too carried away getting cards from them or asking for CLIs. They will eventually hit you with a financial review if you're not careful. Lately, too, they seem to be a bit skittish in this current credit climate and have been reducing some people's CLIs for no particular discernable reason. I'd just keep a sterling record and a low profile. Just a bit of advice.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three Amex Accounts (Clear,Blue and Blue Cash)--three from them is PLENTY(for me), although I am sure you could get more. (But why put all your credit eggs in a sketchy basket)

The new card should report with the month you opened it and 2004 as the date. If September then it should report open date 09/2004.

I don't have personal experience with this particular card though.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.

I opened a blue in april of this year and on my CR it's shown as opened in 4/2004, so i'm pretty sure this card will reflect that as well. Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.