Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Statement Dates

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

AMEX Statement Dates

I'm very new to AMEX. Made my first charge September 2nd. I plan to use this card for all regular monthly reocurring bills and for work related expenses. I am in sales and I am required to use my own money to pay for client lunches, entertainment, etc. I get reimbursed every 3 weeks. My question is how long is a billing cycle for AMEX and how long after the cycle ends do you have until your bill is due. I just want to make sure I have all monies from my company before the bill becomes due. For example I just sent off expenses today. I will have that check next Thursday. If I use my card tomorrow for a lunch that I have, I won't submit those expenses until 2 weeks from today and will obtain those funds a week after they are sent off. Will that give me enough time. If I get my expenses for the next 2 weeks in 3 weeks and that statement cuts on 9/30 for example, will I have 20 days to pay? Hope I wasn't too confusing! Thanks guys love this board!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Statement Dates

The "due date" is about 15 days after the statement cuts, which is the day after the closing date. That is the day they want it by. I'm told however that it's not considered late until the last day of the billing cycle. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 6
laboi_22
Established Contributor

It does help. Thanks. Any idea on how long the statement period is? Cap 1 is like 28 days. Is AMEX 30?
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last day of the billing cycle, but this is Amex we're talking about. I'd be biting my nails praying that the card will go through if I waited until the last second. LOL.
Message 4 of 6
KhuKhu
New Contributor

*Old thread alert...

Anyone ever have Amex NOT send you an email reminder telling you your statement is ready? 

My statement closed 7 days ago, no email. The statement has been ready online for quite sometime, and they've been great sending me email reminders on time every month for awhile (typically two days after statement closes). 

It's not a big deal, but i just like email reminders just incase i'm somewhere out of the country/vacation and it'll help remind me, extra security. And yes, online i have everything set to paperless statements.

Message 5 of 6
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The "due date" is about 15 days after the statement cuts, which is the day after the closing date. That is the day they want it by. I'm told however that it's not considered late until the last day of the billing cycle. Hope that helps.

For charge cards YES, but revolvers have a longer grace period.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.