Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Survey: TU vs EX pulls

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

AMEX Survey: TU vs EX pulls

Hey guys! I'm losing my mind here...very boring Sunday, nothing to do, and I keep looking at my Blue Sky offer...

Anyways, I'm conducting a survey here. I'd like anybody who's applied for AMEX to contribute, but particularly I'm looking for those people who have had: a targeted offer from AMEX, had one hard pull for application, and received SPs/HPs on TU. I'm trying to see if AMEX will pull from the same bureau that they like to soft on for targeted offers, so even if they have pulled EX or EQ for you, if you noticed soft pulls on those bureaus for the targeted offers, your posts are urgent as well! Everybody else is more than welcome to post, as I'm sure it can definitely help others Smiley Happy

I know AMEX typically pulls EX, however I noticed they keep softing my TU for my Green and most recent Blue Sky offer, and there have been occasional one-bureau pulls on TU for approval by other members and the credit database websites. Just trying to see how likely they are to pull my TU vs. EX reports, as it will determine when I apply (July 30th/31st vs. August 7th)!

When did you apply for an AMEX card?:

Were you approved?:

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?:

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?:

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable):

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable):

What state are you from?:

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Survey: TU vs EX pulls

Here is my last app from AMEX which was last year for my Blue

When did you apply for an AMEX card?:  1/12

Were you approved?: Yes

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?: EX

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?: Yes via online

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable): EX

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable): EX like every month Smiley Wink

What state are you from?: HI

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 14
bman86
Regular Contributor

OP,

I applied for my BCE/PRG on 6/28 instant approval. Amex hard pulled my EX. I did not receive any targeted/prequal offers. They're currently SPing my EX report and I'm in Arizona.
Message 3 of 14
knoregs
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

When did you apply for an AMEX card?:  12/2012

Were you approved?:  NO

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?:  EX, TU

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?:  NO

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable):  N/A

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable):  N/A

What state are you from?:  VT

HTH

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 14
tk_0014
Established Member

When did you apply for an AMEX card?: 4/13

Were you approved?: Instantly for 1K

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?: ALL THREE!

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?:None

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable):None

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable): Once on EX, presumably for 3xCLI

What state are you from?: NV

I had all cards reporting balances, so I spooked them into a triple pull. Learned much since then, I have Myfico Masters!

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 5 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

When did you apply for an AMEX card? Dec 2010, Jan 2013, Feb 2013

Were you approved?: Yes, Yes, Yes

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?: EX always

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?: No

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable):

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable):

What state are you from?: IL

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 14
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

When did you apply for an AMEX card?: 4/4/2013

Were you approved?: yes

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?: EX

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?: No

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable): NA

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable): NA

What state are you from?: Fl

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 7 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

10/01/2012
Yes
All three; Amex told me my TU report had "qualifying content" so based it on that one.
No
I had one SP on exp on 9/11/12, but I think it was from a barely canceled app LOL
Only sp exp monthly now
Tx
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 14
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

I applied on 17th June. Approved. Amex pulled all 3 reports. Got a cl of 2000. I had received a BCP 250 bonus offer. I live in IL.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hey guys! I'm losing my mind here...very boring Sunday, nothing to do, and I keep looking at my Blue Sky offer...

Anyways, I'm conducting a survey here. I'd like anybody who's applied for AMEX to contribute, but particularly I'm looking for those people who have had: a targeted offer from AMEX, had one hard pull for application, and received SPs/HPs on TU. I'm trying to see if AMEX will pull from the same bureau that they like to soft on for targeted offers, so even if they have pulled EX or EQ for you, if you noticed soft pulls on those bureaus for the targeted offers, your posts are urgent as well! Everybody else is more than welcome to post, as I'm sure it can definitely help others Smiley Happy

I know AMEX typically pulls EX, however I noticed they keep softing my TU for my Green and most recent Blue Sky offer, and there have been occasional one-bureau pulls on TU for approval by other members and the credit database websites. Just trying to see how likely they are to pull my TU vs. EX reports, as it will determine when I apply (July 30th/31st vs. August 7th)!

When did you apply for an AMEX card?: 6/6/13 (2) cards 

Were you approved?: Yes twice

What bureau(s) did they do a hard pull on?: EX 1 pull 2 approvals

Did you receive a targeted/prequalified offer for this CC application?: 1 yes 1 no

What bureau(s) did they do a soft pull on for these offers? (if applicable): EX

What bureau(s) are they doing a soft pull on to review your account? (if applicable): In the garden so have not pulled any CR's since app's

What state are you from?: Fl

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.