Did you mean: 

AMEX WON'T GIVE IN

tag
elbori357
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX WON'T GIVE IN

@takeshi74 wrote:

@elbori357 wrote:

I have applied 2 times for the BCE card and both times have been decline. I applied the first time in Jan 2013 and the second time on a spree in Feb 2014.

I do not know the real reason ( letter said based on my low EX credit score ). Not sure if I should continue to apply until approval or plain give up.

No sense in applying over and over unless you've addressed whatever the creditor's concerns are.  What does the letter state verbatim?  What's the score on the letter?  Where was the AmEx app within your spree?

@elbori357 wrote:

are charge cards easier to approve ?

Generally speaking, yes.

@elbori357 wrote:

Do they HP everytime I apply? 

SP on denials only if you're already a member.

@bernhardtra wrote:

You realize the BCP is better than the BCE?

You realize that better is always subjective?  No card is ever one-size-fits-all.

The scores last year were lower ( around 25 points lower respectively). The recent letter mentioned my score been low. (It showed 726 in their letter). I already shreded the letter so I can't exactly quote it. Should I wait til begining of april to apply for a charge card as a way in? Could it be that my EX inquiries are too much?

MyFico Pull: TU 838 EFX 841, EX 840. (14 Aug 2020) House Mortage $305k, Car Lease $60,000, AMEX ED 33,000, NFCU Signature Visa $68,000, Lowes Visa 25,000, Cap One Venture $48,000, Navcheck $15,000, Barclay WEMC Arrival+ $41,000, Cap1 Quicksilver Visa $12,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15k, Best Buy $19,800, . Overall Util. 2%
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.