Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC APPROVED!

tag
TheR105
Regular Contributor

AMEX ZYNC APPROVED!

OMG!! I finally decided to take a chance. I had an AMEX card back in 1999 and I really wanted the back dating. Went for it and got it!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC APPROVED!

@TheR105 wrote:

OMG!! I finally decided to take a chance. I had an AMEX card back in 1999 and I really wanted the back dating. Went for it and got it!!!

Congrats to you!  Make sure it shows 1999 on your credit reports too.

Message 2 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Will do and to be honest it may be 1995 or so I can exactly remember but I do have the card number. If my AAOA is currently 5 years where do you think this will put me?

Message 3 of 17
slarano
Frequent Contributor

May I ask why you no longer have the older card? And was it in good standing when it was closed?

ImageImageImage

Message 4 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

It had a very small balance of like $64 and I had to file BK back in 2001 for other reason. So needless to say I was totally excited to be accepted again. I know a lot of people like myself want to know what my score was. My fico EQ 633 and My fico TU 645 also some old charge offs and 2 collections so it can be done. I want people to know that it may be worth the shot. 

Message 5 of 17
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I believe they typically pull EX but that is great news, good for you!

Did it just recently fall of your reports?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

They do pull EX but I don't have that score just giving a ball park. My bk came off in Jan. Thanks
Message 7 of 17
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Please let me/us know how it goes with attempting to backdate the card. Did you close it before BK, or was it included in those proceedings? Reason I ask is I was unable to backdate my Zync to an old Gold card I had via Authorized User status because the main cardholder lost the card in their own bankruptcy. AMEX said they only backdate to open/closed accounts that remained in good standing/weren't linked to BK.

ImageImageImage

Message 8 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

I didn't know that it was part of the bk because I had to list everything. Once I get the card I will post of they let me back date or not.
Message 9 of 17
jdogi
Contributor

Sorry to bump, but it may save someone else the effort of digging to find the results.

The OPs AMEX card and reporting were backdated.

I eagerly await the day that I can app for an AMEX and hopefully get a TL dated back to '92.  It was my first card ever, but I closed it since poor college students have no need of annual fees when there is beer to be bought.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.