cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC Denial due to old AMEX account... Help! Cach LLC GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX ZYNC Denial due to old AMEX account... Help! Cach LLC GW?

Hello All,

Been lurking for a little bit, but this is my first post... First off, a huge THANK YOU for the existence of this community; I only wish I knew of its existence back when I settled the baddies I have on my CR Smiley Sad

I'm not sure if this is an unusual situation, but I searched the boards and wasn't able to find an answer:

Backstory: I'm currently in the process of repairing my credit. Sadly I had 3 cards fall into collections about 4-5 years ago due to unemployment and a bunch of other reasons, but I'm slowly recovering from the hits.

Luckily, I was able to get 1 card from HSBC Orchard exactly 1 year ago as of this month (CL: $300 - just raised to $400!), which I've kept in good standing, low util, etc.

After finding out my FICO score was 665 (Equifax) I pulled the trigger and applied/received a newly opened GE/Amazon store card (CL: $800) a few days ago.

Giddy from the results, I figured now might be a good time to apply for Amex ZYNC.... I had an Amex Blue Sky card years ago, but sadly that went to collections - Cach LLC. I ended up settling with them in late 2009/2010 and PIF. Thinking I would be able to get back into the Amex family's good graces after researching this board, I applied.... and was denied. Smiley Sad Reason given: Account with American Express that was cancelled. No other reason given. Hard pull from Experian.

After calling the backdoor number to find out what happened, apparently Amex's records do not have any record of the payment and still reflect that I never paid the card off! However, I definitely paid Cach LLC (who are terrible, btw).

Amex said that if I could fax them proof that the account was paid, they could update their records and hopefully reconsider my application.

Sadly, I do not have a paper copy of our agreement, and I'm in the process of obtaining the payment record I sent them.

What should I do?

I should be able to obtain a copy of the bank statement reflecting the payment made to CACH LLC in a day or two.

I was considering faxing over that, and the portion of my credit reports reflecting this (although they're all marked as paid less than the full amount) to my contact at AMEX. 

I was also considering sending the following GW letter to Cach:

Regarding: Account No. xxx

CACH, LLC
4340 S MONACO ST UNIT 2
DENVER, CO 80237

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with your employee, Aaron xxx, that is both a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a collections account per an American Express trade-in in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

Due to unfortunate financial circumstances and falling behind on my bills due to a difficult medical condition, the card fell to collections, and I can only sincerely apologize for the actions that occurred. With hard work, I was able to obtain the funds to pay this debt off, and contacted your agency in 2009. My contact at that time was Aaron xxx.

At the time, your representative promised that by my paying the account in full, this would not only be reported to the original creditor (American Express), but the collection would be removed from all three reporting agencies.

Since that time, it has come to my attention that American Express does not have any record that the account was paid, and the collection is still being reported on all three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion).

Since those notations do not reflect my current status with Cach LLC or American Express, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines.

Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption, and I beg you for such consideration. 

Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Best Regards,

keysoflife

Thoughts? Opinions? Think I'll still be on the infamous AMEX blacklist? Smiley Sad Any replies would be very much appreciated. Thank you all!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX ZYNC Denial due to old AMEX account... Help! Cach LLC GW?

Bump!

Can someone help OP?

Message 2 of 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

Was CACH LLC collecting on behalf of Amex or did they purchase the debt from Amex and were collecting for themselves?

If CACH LLC was collecting on behalf of Amex, just give them a call and request proof of payment.

If CACH LLC had bought the debt from Amex, I'm sorry to say but you are out of luck.  Amex did not and will not see a single penny of the amount you paid to CACH LLC and that might be the reason why they say your account is still not paid.

Regardless of what the rep from CACH LLC told you, if they are a junk debt buyer (they are trained to lie and tell you stuff like they will notify the OC and that they are collecting on their behalf when infact they bought the debt) just so that you will cough up the money.

If you want to find out for sure if CACH was hired by Amex to collect on their behalf, just call Amex up and ask them this.  They should also be able to tell you if they sold your debt to them.

*edit*

I just did a quick google search on CACH LLC and I'm sorry to report, they are a junk debt buyer. Smiley Sad

The best you could hope for is that they remove THEIR collection tradeline from your reports but the money you unknowingly paid them thinking that it was going to Amex is lost.  Hopefully it wasn't a lot of money.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

aftermath, thank you for your reply...

back when I paid, I tried numerous times to pay AMEX directly, but they refused to and passed me along the CA info.

and the CA at the time claimed to have been collecting on behalf of AMEX - the "original creditor" does say American Express Centurion, etc. on my EQ and EX.

flash forward to today: after the executive services denial, their reason being:

- AMEX wanted to hear from Resurgent Capital, it turns out, NOT Cach LLC.

does that still mean all hope is lost for AMEX? Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

aftermath, thank you for your reply...

back when I paid, I tried numerous times to pay AMEX directly, but they refused to and passed me along the CA info.

and the CA at the time claimed to have been collecting on behalf of AMEX - the "original creditor" does say American Express Centurion, etc. on my EQ and EX.

flash forward to today: after the executive services denial, their reason being:

- AMEX wanted to hear from Resurgent Capital, it turns out, NOT Cach LLC.

does that still mean all hope is lost for AMEX? Smiley Sad

The reason why Amex passed you along to the CA is because they most likely had sold the debt off to them already.

Regardless if they are collecting on behalf or they purchased the debt off of Amex, they will report who the "original creditor" was just so that you have a reference of where this debt came from.

Resurgent Capital?  Hmm...  Either they got their collection companies mixed up or they sold the debt off to two different junk debt buyers.

I would contact executive services again and ask them how CACH LLC got involved in all of this and where does Resurgent Capital come into the picture.

Don't lose hope.  Worse case scenario, you end up paying your debt back again, but this time directly to Amex in order to get back into their good graces.

Good luck.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.