cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

@charyot77 wrote:

So if the "status" page says "approved" then I'm pretty much in right? lol

If I land these two cards, I think I'm actually done for a while.

Right now I have 

Orchard Bank MC: $300 Limit

US Bank Visa (Secured) $300 Limit

Capital One MC: $2750

Capital One Cash Back: $750

Barclays Travelocity Amex: $1200

I cancelled one of my Orchard Cards and it looks like Merrick has just recently cancelled my $300 limit Hooters card. Smiley Very Happy 

The annual fee cards (Orchard Bank, US Bank, and the smaller CapOne card) are getting the chop next when their annual fees are due!

My FAKO scores are all in the 690-710 range...which I know means absolutely nothing.  I have perfect payment histories with all of my credit accounts and no chargeoffs or collections except for the one judgement which I thought I had found a lawyer to handle but that story is for another forum!

I dont feel in the clear yet...but I'm so glad that this forum kept encouraging me, and steered me clear of the super subprime cards.

congrats...if i checked an app status page and it said "approved" then i would take it as an approval.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 31 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

@charyot77 wrote:

So if the "status" page says "approved" then I'm pretty much in right? lol

If I land these two cards, I think I'm actually done for a while.

Right now I have 

Orchard Bank MC: $300 Limit

US Bank Visa (Secured) $300 Limit

Capital One MC: $2750

Capital One Cash Back: $750

Barclays Travelocity Amex: $1200

I cancelled one of my Orchard Cards and it looks like Merrick has just recently cancelled my $300 limit Hooters card. Smiley Very Happy 

The annual fee cards (Orchard Bank, US Bank, and the smaller CapOne card) are getting the chop next when their annual fees are due!

My FAKO scores are all in the 690-710 range...which I know means absolutely nothing.  I have perfect payment histories with all of my credit accounts and no chargeoffs or collections except for the one judgement which I thought I had found a lawyer to handle but that story is for another forum!

I dont feel in the clear yet...but I'm so glad that this forum kept encouraging me, and steered me clear of the super subprime cards.

Congrats!  feel free to go over to the Garden Club if you feel the need to stop applying!  You're doing great Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 32 of 38
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Great job!

The AMEX family is awesome!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 33 of 38
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

I applied for the Zync and the PRG on same day and the PRG app was cancelled due to a duplicate according to Amex. What happened?

Message 34 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Aspireto850 wrote:

I applied for the Zync and the PRG on same day and the PRG app was cancelled due to a duplicate according to Amex. What happened?

It would be very hard to determine this based on your limited information.  Its possible that you were denied for one, and the other application was automatically cancelled due to the 30 day rule between applications. Also, a browser malfunction may have caused Amex to think you were applying for two Gold cards.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

I think you can app for a charge and revolver on the same day but not 2 charge cards.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 36 of 38
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I wish I had gone for the Green and the BCE, but I've been denied by them so many times before, I'm just glad to be in.

Now I sit and hope that they dont need "more information".  I didnt lie on application, but I'm not sure how positively they'll look at a foreign employer.

Message 37 of 38
Cageym
Established Contributor

I work in Diego Garcia and they didn't seem to have a problem with me.LOL They didn't like the military address the company uses so I had them sent to my house stateside. I'll fix that once I get the cards in hand and activate them.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.