cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?

Valued Contributor

AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?

Is the AMEX Zync $500 CL w/Autopay considered a charge card or revolver for FICO?

 

Does the $500 CL figure in your UTI equation unlike a NPSL?


Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 767 5/22/18 - EX 763 5/22/18 - TU 782 5/22/18
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?

Charge card.  I don't think the limit is reported at all actually but I don't know for certain; someone can clarify if it looks any different than the NPSL version where current and high balance are the two metrics to my knowledge.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?


jamie123 wrote:

Is the AMEX Zync $500 CL w/Autopay considered a charge card or revolver for FICO?

 

Does the $500 CL figure in your UTI equation unlike a NPSL?


Charge card. The limit is not reported, and does not factor in your util.

 

*I have the $500 hard limit as well.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?


j_casteel wrote:

jamie123 wrote:

Is the AMEX Zync $500 CL w/Autopay considered a charge card or revolver for FICO?

 

Does the $500 CL figure in your UTI equation unlike a NPSL?


Charge card. The limit is not reported, and does not factor in your util.

 

*I have the $500 hard limit as well.


Thanks!

 


Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 767 5/22/18 - EX 763 5/22/18 - TU 782 5/22/18
Message 4 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?


jamie123 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

jamie123 wrote:

Is the AMEX Zync $500 CL w/Autopay considered a charge card or revolver for FICO?

 

Does the $500 CL figure in your UTI equation unlike a NPSL?


Charge card. The limit is not reported, and does not factor in your util.

 

*I have the $500 hard limit as well.


Thanks!

 


you're welcome

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?

thanks just what i needed. 

 

i noticed my account was not setup for auto pay even though it was requried too for the card. 

 

it says will pay 15 days after statement cuts. 

so obviously reporting a balance if you use the card at all. 

 

but if it doesnt report limit or effect utility. 

why not? 

 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 6 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?


creditnocash wrote:

thanks just what i needed. 

 

i noticed my account was not setup for auto pay even though it was requried too for the card. 

 

it says will pay 15 days after statement cuts. 

so obviously reporting a balance if you use the card at all. 

 

but if it doesnt report limit or effect utility. 

why not? 

 


It is deemed a CHARGE card and you MUST pay in full every month so it doesn't have a balance carried month to month as a revolver would/could.

 

I have had this card for a short while now and even though I am set-up for autopay I manually pay the balance a few days after the statement cuts. I am hoping this might demonstrate good credit behavior with their internal scoring model so next year when I apply for a revolver I get approved.

 


Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 767 5/22/18 - EX 763 5/22/18 - TU 782 5/22/18
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync w/Autopay charge or revolver?

i actually called amex today. 

im staying out of town and the hotel will cost about 550 for 4 days. 

 

she said i cannot pre pay because of some security reason. 

and she cannot do anything about the limit. 

she did the will my charge go through for 540 and it was denied (obv.) 

 

i did pif so im not worried about it but if balance does not get reported and util isnt factored why not pay 15 days. as long as you dont hit the limit. 

 

and yes i do understand the concept of charge. but since this is my first month of it. 

i pay all my cards in full so they all say 0 is due. 

statement closes today. 2 pending charges but if they report its whatever. im not applying for anything anytime soon anyways. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 8 of 8