Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX adding AU - prompt Account review?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

AMEX adding AU - prompt Account review?

Ive been thinking about adding my little sister to Zync card so she can use if an emergency comes up.  Also, Im now eligible for my 61st day CLI request but the last SP they did on me was Oct 18 (my score was lower then due to 90% UTIL reported on Cap1 card that has since been PIF).  If I add my sister to my Zync as AU (or whatever AMEX calls them) will it prompt them to do a SP review of account?  I would like them to do this so I can request my CLI.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting AMEX to update its SP of my CR?

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX adding AU - prompt Account review?

FYI, the 61 day CLI is on my Delta Gold card Smiley Happy no on my NPSL Zync.

Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would think if anything they would SP your sister, not you, although I don't know if they're allowed to do that Smiley Tongue 

You could try using the amex pre-approval tool, although I'm not sure how that works for current cardholders. 

Message 3 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I would think if anything they would SP your sister, not you, although I don't know if they're allowed to do that Smiley Tongue 

You could try using the amex pre-approval tool, although I'm not sure how that works for current cardholders. 

Its buggy as hell.  Ever since I got my AMEX again it really doesnt work.  It just keeps asking me to login to see offers.

Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:

Ive been thinking about adding my little sister to Zync card so she can use if an emergency comes up.  Also, Im now eligible for my 61st day CLI request but the last SP they did on me was Oct 18 (my score was lower then due to 90% UTIL reported on Cap1 card that has since been PIF).  If I add my sister to my Zync as AU (or whatever AMEX calls them) will it prompt them to do a SP review of account?  I would like them to do this so I can request my CLI.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting AMEX to update its SP of my CR?

Thanks,

Duncan

No it wouldn't to my knowledge.  Amex updates their SP's roughly every two months (sometimes every one month for new customers as I have heard) and they do it on their own timeframe.  Presumably you'll get a fresh SP roughly the same time as your 61st day under either scenario.

        
Message 5 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Guess I'll have to wait. The Oct 18 report is 30 pts lower than my current FICO scores.

Message 6 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

update. It's been a month since last SP by Amex and still not updated. I don't want to waste 61 day CLI request until this is updated. Not sure how I can prompt them to SP me. Would using the check my spending ability do it? (edit-when I called in Amex to see if I could run the cabinets on my card on 10-18 it was also the last time I was SP. Surely that couldn't had been random?)

Message 7 of 9
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Not sure whose bugs are worse....Citi or Amex

It tells me the same thing when I try to see about pre approvals

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 8 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

would it work just to call them and ask that they update my CR? Also, I have $400/2000 on card right now (next statement cuts Dec 14). Should I have that as zero balance when I app?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.