Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX and BK ???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

AMEX and BK ???

I know this has been stated but just curious??

I have these accounts that have a balance paid off by Christmas

BB store card 750 cl   0 bal

Barclays  3000.00  200  bal

Cap one  2000    0 balance

Fairwinds 2500   2200 balance

Chevron texaco   1000    40.00 bal

HSBC /Cap one Discover rewards  1300.00 CL   0 balance

I have a bk that will be  7.5 yrs in December ... new account in April 2012  (fairwinds)

AAoA  is about 6 yrs   NO negatives since BK in 2005 ...all reports clear execpt for public record...

I have 1 inq on EX  denial from Amex  in December ....5 each on EQ and TU...that will be a year in December......

What are my chances of getting approved  for Zync at the 8yr mark next June??

Just your thoughts  ...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX and BK ???

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I know this has been stated but just curious??

I have these accounts that have a balance paid off by Christmas

BB store card 750 cl   0 bal

Barclays  3000.00  200  bal

Cap one  2000    0 balance

Fairwinds 2500   2200 balance

Chevron texaco   1000    40.00 bal

HSBC /Cap one Discover rewards  1300.00 CL   0 balance

I have a bk that will be  7.5 yrs in December ... new account in April 2012  (fairwinds)

AAoA  is about 6 yrs   NO negatives since BK in 2005 ...all reports clear execpt for public record...

I have 1 inq on EX  denial from Amex  in December ....5 each on EQ and TU...that will be a year in December......

What are my chances of getting approved  for Zync at the 8yr mark next June??

Just your thoughts  ...

I think your chances are good as long as you get your util. below 10%.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I will be there .....I am just in fear of rejection.......I want to arrive in primeville....I just dont want to wait till that 10 yr mark ......Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

also...I just found out that an ex girlfriend had me as a user on her card back in 1995......when I get a card will this help me with backdating??   account went bad  for lack of activity...I never used the account

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

also...I just found out that an ex girlfriend had me as a user on her card back in 1995......when I get a card will this help me with backdating??   account went bad  for lack of activity...I never used the account

I dont think so, that was awhile back. I also seen on the forums on a certain date soon AMEX will no longer accept AU applicants getting backdating.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

gotcha ...thanks for the update...I guess I will have to wait it our and maybe pull the trigger in June

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible that you could be backdated to 1995, but I think it's unlikely.  Amex has stoped backdating AU accounts; I know they don't backdate to original cardmember's join year and I think they've also stopped counting AU accounts when that person opens their own account later.  Also, I think I read something on here a few days ago about a person not being backdated because they weren't a continuous member, however plenty of people have been backdated without continuity in the past.  Backdating to an old AU account is probably going to be a little hit or miss, do you have proof of the account in case Amex can't locate it?

Message 7 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Just called the customer service number .....gave them my social ...they told me that I had an account but that original card member (EX )  had it

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's possible that you could be backdated to 1995, but I think it's unlikely.  Amex has stoped backdating AU accounts; I know they don't backdate to original cardmember's join year and I think they've also stopped counting AU accounts when that person opens their own account later.  Also, I think I read something on here a few days ago about a person not being backdated because they weren't a continuous member, however plenty of people have been backdated without continuity in the past.  Backdating to an old AU account is probably going to be a little hit or miss, do you have proof of the account in case Amex can't locate it?

I don't think thats true. A lot of members here have been successful backdating thier new AMEX accounts to their original account open dates.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about AU accounts?  I was positive that's been confirmed here, that you can no longer add an authorized user and give that person your join year.  People were having join years before they were even born just by their parents adding them to their card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.