Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX application on hold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX application on hold?

Thanks! I'll be staying in Kowloon but going all over the place to visit family. Are you familiar with Hong Kong?

I've also heard about Cap One's zero transaction fees, but my parents used to have a card from them and they didn't have a very good experience. Apparently their account got frozen fairly often, even after routine purchases like grocery trips. Maybe their experience wasn't typical, though - I'll definitely look into one of their cards in the future. I probably shouldn't apply for another card anytime soon! I'm not too concerned about the transaction fees in HK because there's no sales tax.

Message 11 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Major congrats , tysandrafung! 

You'll be sending us a postcard, right?   Smiley Happy

Have a great trip!

Message 12 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Ha ha!  OP, I'm going through the same thing now.  My application is on hold due to duplicate  applications.  They were not able to pull my EX report when I apped for the Gold card last month.    Now that I've apped for the Blue Sky, I still had to call to let them know that the freeze on my EX report was lifted.    I hope this doesn't result in receiving two cards.  I do not want the Gold card anymore. 

Message 13 of 15
aav
Established Contributor

It's been awhile, but did you have 2 hps or one?

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@aav wrote:

It's been awhile, but did you have 2 hps or one?

The OP has not logged on in 2 years. You could do a search for more recent Amex double apps but it is a ymmv 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.