Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX backdate year

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

AMEX backdate year

If i had an AMEX corporate account years ago, will they have a record of it and backdate my personal card to the year when i had the amex corporate card?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX backdate year

I called and because the corporate card did not have my SSN associated with it, they do not have the card on record for me. Oh well, i tried.
Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

@oracles wrote:
If i had an AMEX corporate account years ago, will they have a record of it and backdate my personal card to the year when i had the amex corporate card?

Great question...I'd like to know too.  I've had an AMEX Blue Cash since 2003, but had a AMEX Green charge card with my first employer back in 1996...I'd love to have my account backdated to that date.  

Unfortunately I forgot my wallet in my car and I can't call them right not to check.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I know even people who defaulted with AMEX as far back as 1987 and later got approved 20 years later for a new AMEX had their new cards backdated....so it shouldn't be a problem backdating mine to 1996 since I had perfect payment history with them and left on good terms when I left my first employer to start my own company.

Message 2 of 8
SCF
Valued Contributor

I remember reading here about a member who was able to get his accounts (or maybe it just happened one day and he was surprised... but anyway) backdated to the date that an account he was AU on opened, it was a very nice score boost for him.  I definitely think you guys should give it a try, it'll be worth the call!
Message 3 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

I called and because the corporate card did not have my SSN associated with it, they do not have the card on record for me. Oh well, i tried.
Message 4 of 8
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

I first sent a secure e-mail via their website and they said to call the Card Replacement Unit at 1-800-992-3404.  I did and they weren't able to find it. 

She said if I can find a statement, or the account number, they can then look it up that way and will be glad to change it.  I just need to look through my old paperwork to find it.  Hopefully it'll be next to my old benefits information from my old employer that I kept. 

Message 5 of 8
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

One more thing, they refer to this as the "member since date" in AMEX jargon, which is probably why they send you to the card replacement unit, eventhough my blue cash card doesn't say "Member Since" anywhere.  My citibank MC does say member since 1993 though.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I wanted to report I successfully got my personal AMEX card (Costco True Earnings) backdated to the last renewal date on my old corporate card. It only added 5 years but since my AAoA is only roughly 2.5 years, I'll take it!  Smiley Very Happy

Even though I had my old account number ready, they didn't need it, said they already had it. Double woohoo!

Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I wanted to report I successfully got my personal AMEX card (Costco True Earnings) backdated to the last renewal date on my old corporate card. It only added 5 years but since my AAoA is only roughly 2.5 years, I'll take it!  Smiley Very Happy

Even though I had my old account number ready, they didn't need it, said they already had it. Double woohoo!

Good going!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.