minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX bi annual rejection

@MagicShot wrote:

@minimock wrote:

@MagicShot wrote:

@minimock wrote:

UPDATE:

Well my recon request bought me something LOL, 2 more hard hits, one on Equifax and one on Transunion.

I sure hope they give me the card after spanking me two more times Smiley Happy

Well hopefully, Because AMEX and discover both pull all 3 big ones when I apped, but that was during their manual review process so yeah.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

They pulled Experian initially, and the other two after the recon request. They spent the money to pull them, so maybe they will throw the blind dog a bone Smiley Happy

Would be nice since they pull the other 2 CB. I dont see why they wouldn't but AMEX is wierd lol I applyed for they quite a few times before i got approved same with discover. the odd thing with discover they approved when i had more INQ's they the last time they denined me why I had less INQ's. LOL their funny beasts!

Discover was no problem, instant approve, but AMEX has been the reluctant bride lol, more the run away bride Smiley Happy There is no pleasing her. LOL

Message 21 of 96
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Good luck with the Recon ~ and hey, if they do decide to reject you again at least you should be able to get your score Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 22 of 96
MagicShot
Contributor

@minimock wrote:

@MagicShot wrote:

@minimock wrote:

@MagicShot wrote:

@minimock wrote:

UPDATE:

Well my recon request bought me something LOL, 2 more hard hits, one on Equifax and one on Transunion.

I sure hope they give me the card after spanking me two more times Smiley Happy

Well hopefully, Because AMEX and discover both pull all 3 big ones when I apped, but that was during their manual review process so yeah.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

They pulled Experian initially, and the other two after the recon request. They spent the money to pull them, so maybe they will throw the blind dog a bone Smiley Happy

Would be nice since they pull the other 2 CB. I dont see why they wouldn't but AMEX is wierd lol I applyed for they quite a few times before i got approved same with discover. the odd thing with discover they approved when i had more INQ's they the last time they denined me why I had less INQ's. LOL their funny beasts!

Discover was no problem, instant approve, but AMEX has been the reluctant bride lol, more the run away bride Smiley Happy There is no pleasing her. LOL

LOL thats funny

Message 23 of 96
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

LOL, I'm totally rooting for you right now.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 24 of 96
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

LOL, I'm totally rooting for you right now.

Thank you  Smiley Happy

I can assure you that If successful, I will come in here screaming like Charlie Bucket "The fifth golden ticket is mine ! "

If not Ill go back to eating cabbage soup with Uncle Joe again LOL 

Whoops, I am showing my age here. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 96
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Online application status has gone from declined to "In progress" Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 96
MagicShot
Contributor

That's a little better Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 96
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I am now totally invested in this thread! I am pulling for you !
Message 28 of 96
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I am now totally invested in this thread! I am pulling for you !

Thanks lol

On a serious note though, however this ends up turning out, it will be good documentation of an AMEX recon and the timeline involved.

Someone has another thread floating around about it, but I never could find a whole lot of documentation from start to finish.

Message 29 of 96
score_building
Senior Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Every 6 months I apply for an AMEX card, just because I love the rejection LOL.

Always get turned down because of bad mark from a check reporting agency, its been 7 years  (Thanks Ex DW) LOL

Well I thought I would try a new tactic.

I was sent an invite for the Delta Amex, so I applied for that one thinking that I already was a sky miles member maybe that would influence a decision. I also signed up for thier "protect my account coverage" in an additional attempt to further influence the app.

Well its that time of the year and I thawed out my reports and applied.

What I got online was something new. It didnt say anything but "Thank You your application was recieved"

What does that mean? LOL usually you get a we will let you know, or something.

Anyone with AMEX expierience know what happens now?

If you dont get in this time around, would consider app for the easiest approval, if you go at it again- a charge card like Zinc.

also wouldn't app for the protection... with a boat load of denials in the recent past-- throwing out another hint of concern about ability to pay is only adding fuel to the fire IMO... if stop with the serial apps, may avoid another potential roadblock which can easily prevent you from getiing in --even when you eventually fall into an approvable range, due to 'too many inq'

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 30 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.