cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX cell phone protection where did it go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX cell phone protection where did it go?

I just recently got a new card, the blue cash everyday and when I logged into my account up until the other day there was an advertisement in the benefits section next to all the other benefits that said something like “pay your cell phone bill with your card and get up to $600 phone protection”.

Today I signed in to read it through one more time and it’s gone. I called and the customer service people just kept talking about purchase protection which is totally different and they were very hard to understand clearly outsourced reps. Do any of you still see this feature when you log in? Have you used it? Any info? Purchase protection only covers something you buy up to 120 days much different.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX cell phone protection where did it go?

Never seen that, but their "Dropped your phone?" header kind of bugs me as (slightly) misleading.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you see that one and if you click what does it say? 🤓
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:
Never seen that, but their "Dropped your phone?" header kind of bugs me as (slightly) misleading.

I remember seeing this under the Benefits for their purchase protection or something. Never something specifically for cell phone protection.

Message 4 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It was in the benefits section of a Platinum overview page. On mobile and cant easily find the desktop link I'm familiar with.

It was in reference to general short-term purchase protection, but the (slightly misleading) header hinted it might be a longer-term phone-specific benefit like some other cards offer.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
It was in the benefits section of a Platinum overview page. On mobile and cant easily find the desktop link I'm familiar with.

It was in reference to general short-term purchase protection, but the (slightly misleading) header hinted it might be a longer-term phone-specific benefit like some other cards offer.

Exactly. Sorry OP, but the cell phone example Amex talks about on some of the application pages is just a reference to their purchase protection. This is only 120 days, and they don't have any cell phone protection beyond that. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For that protection on an AMEX card, must get the Wells Fargo Propel card. (Really a helluva card actually)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.