Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX financial review ..

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX financial review ..

Yes let's all be nice and considerate of one's choicesSmiley Happy

I personally would NOT give any credit card lender access to my tax returns, paystubs sure, but taxes NOPE. I personally think that is way too invasive and would only comply if applying for a home loan.

Some people have no problems allowing this, others do.........................................................................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 41 of 65
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I think some of you are missing the point on not so much whether to comply or not with a 4506-T (beating a dead horse on both sides of the argument) but what actually led to the FR in the first place. In a forum where datapoints are encouraged so people in the future can be helped without more information all this thread is is someone wanting to salvage the situation on a "mistake" made

Message 42 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes let's all be nice and considerate of one's choicesSmiley Happy

I personally would NOT give any credit card lender access to my tax returns, paystubs sure, but taxes NOPE. I personally think that is way too invasive and would only comply if applying for a home loan.

Some people have no problems allowing this, others do...

Exactly this ^^^.

I'll also add that debating the virtues of the 4506-T is not the topic of this thread, and while I was happy to briefly explain it for someone who asked if anybody wishes to discuss this further they are welcome to do so in a new thread. 

If someone does wish to beat that dead horse I suspect the end result will be what we've seen before, which is people on both sides firmly entrenched with excellent reasons why they are "right."

Message 43 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

I think some of you are missing the point on not so much whether to comply or not with a 4506-T (beating a dead horse on both sides of the argument) but what actually led to the FR in the first place. In a forum where datapoints are encouraged so people in the future can be helped without more information all this thread is is someone wanting to salvage the situation on a "mistake" made

Yep, I'm hoping we can get back on track now.

In some cases information about a purchase is inconsequential, but in this case there's an excellent chance that in addition to the dollar amount the item or vendor also played a big part in the situation @Anonymous is in now. 

Of course he doesn't have to share that information, but that data point would definitely help the community as well as allow us to give him the best feedback on his chances of keeping his MRs, which I'm more concerned about than his Hilton points.

Message 44 of 65
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I cancelled before they even shipped this thing.

Yes, very understandable but now im stuck in this sh**y situation because i don't like provinding personal information like that , like many others. But , what can I do , i'll close them up most likely now , i can still get all my reward points correct?

Could you provide dates when the charge was started?

And this only made it to pending, not actually authorized or shipped, before you cancelled the charge?

At this point, with the added info, I'd suggest sitting on it for a few days, doing nothing. If properly cancelled, the charge / pending item will soon fall off your account. Then call ( not text, CALL on the phone ) AMEX to discuss the situation and see where that leads. 

I don't have any basis to suggest they would withdraw the FR request, but this looks like an anomaly on your account, maybe AMEX will see that too. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 45 of 65
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

DW received the 4506-T request and complied. As we file joint returns, they got two for one. Honestly, AMEX treats us better now than before.

I really don't think as much personal information is involved, at least not what people fear. It is basically a transcript of summary income, deductions and net-owed and payments or refunds.

Don't blame OP for walking away, just sharing our experience.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 46 of 65
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Yep, I'm hoping we can get back on track now.

In some cases information about a purchase is inconsequential, but in this case there's an excellent chance that in addition to the dollar amount the item or vendor also played a big part in the situation @Anonymous is in now. 

Of course he doesn't have to share that information, but that data point would definitely help the community as well as allow us to give him the best feedback on his chances of keeping his MRs, which I'm more concerned about than his Hilton points.

Without feedback from the OP it's all speculation now and pretty much pointless. Honestly, his best chance is contacting AMEX to see what can be done with his MRs because according to this his account therefore his points are frozen for the time being with forefiture if you don't comply with 4506-T request

Message 47 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex requested a 4506-T from me a month ago when I requested a CLI to 40K. I had no problem with it. They don't know me personally and I don't think the information will get out past their review. 

It's been almost 30 days and no CLI. My card is still active too lol. There's no reason why it wouldn't be. I reported correct information (income), so it doesn't bother me.  I like the card, I want the CLI, so I did it. I could've denied them the forms and kept my current line. 

You have basically the same decision. Like the card, provide the info. If there's something to hide, don't do it. And basically, that crossed my mind when I provided mine. If I deny them the form, they could wonder if I'm hiding something, and they also could have thought I did not want to provide that kind of information that they know is a very common reason.

Message 48 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow , a lot of replies . Okay , so I talked to my wife , I didn’t scream or yell or nothing we talked calmly , and she said she’d try and see if the card was approved for 40k for a Apple
Computer (stupid I know) because she thought the charge would get denied because it was such a high amount of money , but to her surprise it was approved , But I didn’t know about this she was too scared to tell me so when I called Amex I thought it was a fraudulent charge , but than I called my wife and she said she made it on “accident” , but I called Apple and cancelled this order . But this was definitely the cause of the FR , now I’m forced to close down my accounts because I’m just not okay providing this info , some do , some don’t . I already transferred my MR points to my Hilton points because I simply didn’t know what to do knowing I’m going to close them down .. thanks everyone
Message 49 of 65
Trikoret
Contributor

That's one expensive Apple computer. Heeessh
Message 50 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.