Thanks, you're next to join the AMEX club. I'm saving you a spot. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 11 of 22
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX is here!

Well I'd ask for a CLI anyway ~ chances are they'll throw you something even if they don't bump you to 3X. Smiley Happy
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card!

Great CL.  Enjoy your new card.  

Message 13 of 22
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Thanks everyone. My CL is $10K (I'm still in shock a week after hearing it over the phone) and my APR is 22.24. Since I have a year of 0%, so I'm just going to enjoy that and call within the next year to have it lowered. 

Yep, after a year it should be a lot lower, my mum card got lowered after just two mounts.

Message 14 of 22
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I honestly don't even feel like my income justifies a $10K CL. I may ask for one but honestly I'm perfectly happy with $10K. Plus I may app for a card with airline rewards in the next year or so. 

Message 15 of 22
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Well I'd ask for a CLI anyway ~ chances are they'll throw you something even if they don't bump you to 3X. Smiley Happy

What makes them want to give you a CLI anyway? I tried with Citi recently and they denied me. 

Message 16 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Yep, after a year it should be a lot lower, my mum card got lowered after just two mounts.

what is your standard purchase apr on bce? mine and smc733 is 10.24 pecent. only one person on here has mentioned lower rate at 7.74 percent. i am still waiting for someone else to mention close, same or below what i have.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 22
frogfan12
Established Contributor

That's super low! I'd be happy with the 17% at this point. OK, I'm lying. I'd be ecstatic to get 10%...hahaha.

Message 18 of 22
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

What makes them want to give you a CLI anyway? I tried with Citi recently and they denied me. 

I'll have to admit that I have few ideas as to how AMEX decides to give out CLI, or even approvals for that matter...Smiley Wink

But AMEX does seem to be generous with CLIs, at least here at MyFICO a lot of people have reported CLI success at day 61, even if they didn't get 3X they still recieved something.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 22
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

A week after applying, my AMEX is here! I'm kind of disappointed with my APR, however. But happy that my AMEX arrived just in time to get some gas and groceries. Smiley Happy

Super Congrats! I cant wait to join you next year!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.