Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX is pulling something new!

tag
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

AMEX is pulling something new!

I posted to another thread, started by another poster, about this a few days ago. Amex has re-aged a CL from 11 years ago. I got hit on both equifax and TU.  Today I got a credit alert that I'm over the limit on a bank/credit card (Experian).  Now I have a derog. and I don't even have a card from them.  Haven't had one since 1996 or 1997! On my credit reports,  Amex says they closed my account,  but I am "current" and have a $100.00 limit now.  That really makes sense! One report is showing the DOLA as June 1997 and the other one doesn't have a date at all, but both are showing updated as of 10/08. What the heck! This is not legal!

I am quite angry as any of you might imagine.  Smiley MadDoes anyone have any advice how to handle this?  I know there are steps to do, but I don't want to mess up.  I was thinking of disputing it immedaitely as Other: Illegally reaging...... but again would like some expert help from the moderators or someone who is knowledgable and willing to suggest something to do.  Thanks in advance. Thanks to anyone for taking a shot at this.

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX is pulling something new!

Update.....  Now it is showing on all 3 CBs.  I just pulled truecredit to see. They have added about 2400. into my revolving amount on all reports. Grrr!Smiley Mad Droped a few points, but it's faKo score. 

Message 2 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

You should have posted this in the original thread.
Message 3 of 7
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Sorry.  I think this will become a big issue or should.  It deserves to be read!

Message 4 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

So do I! I was the OP on this matter. It just would be a lot more helpful to all if we confined the posts on this subject to a single thread.

Message 5 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Please confine your posts on this subject to the original thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=120834

Message Edited by jmbfl on 10-11-2008 03:56 PM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, as this is jayleesmimi's thread, we really can't tell people where to post, but it would make sense for most of the replies to wind up on one thread. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.