Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX is watching me!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

AMEX is watching me!

Account review on December 19 and 21. I wonder if they are going to offer me the BCE that I so want!! I remember one poster(Duncanrr I believe) practically begging them to soft him. It seems as though they are peeking into my window on the regular! LOL!! They offered me BS, but it is the BC I want!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX is watching me!

They do that all the time...nothing new
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Account review on December 19 and 21. I wonder if they are going to offer me the BCE that I so want!! I remember one poster(Duncanrr I believe) practically begging them to soft him. It seems as though they are peeking into my window on the regular! LOL!! They offered me BS, but it is the BC I want!

They've been doing that to me lately also, but I think it's because I've not been running the amounts like they are used to me doing.  I truly believe they are peeping on me to see who is getting the action (LOL).

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 19
LesWH
Established Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

They've been doing that to me lately also, but I think it's because I've not been running the amounts like they are used to me doing.  I truly believe they are peeping on me to see who is getting the action (LOL).

SisterGirl

LMAO!! I have been running a lot through my Green for travel, which is why I suspect they offered me the Blue Sky.  My utilization with my revolvers is like 2% so I'm like move along, nothing to see here! LOL!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 4 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

SisterGirl

LMAO!! I have been running a lot through my Green for travel, which is why I suspect they offered me the Blue Sky.  My utilization with my revolvers is like 2% so I'm like move along, nothing to see here! LOL!

(((ROFLMAO)))....I heard that ! They know that my spending has dwindled, but I guess that want to know I'm not dead either (LOL). They can see "new kids on the playground" & I'm not playing with them. I have the basic green & have pondered going upward....but I became a little disgusted with them over some Foursquare/Twitter promo credits that I had to CALL them for everytime ! 

Since I've been trying to control my spending with that doggone card after peeping my year end summary the last 2 years, what I've done was put $100.00 on my Serve card with my Amex green (coffee/dining out) & purchase a $100.00 Visa gift card (gas/places that don't do Amex).....and NOTHING else on the charge aside from those purchases. They know what I'm doing (curbing spending) & my invoices the last 2 months have been less than 20 pages. I carry the card as a back up in case of emergencies, but everyone has a plan that works for them....this has PROVEN that I can do anything that I set my mind to do).

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 19
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

How does one know that Amex is doing an account review??

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 6 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

How does one know that Amex is doing an account review??

AR - American Express.....which is listed under soft inquiries on credit report.  Not to be confused with a Financial Review - entirely different matter ! 

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 7 of 19
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I hope Amex SP me before January. I want to apply for BCE
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
I hope Amex SP me before January. I want to apply for BCE

I'm expecting something to appear in writing (email/snail mail) soon, because they've NEVER soft pulled me like crazy until the last 90 days.....and I'm hoping for the BCE also, but I'm holding out until this time next year.

Sister Girl

SisterGirl
Message 9 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

My 3x increase next month and they already soft me 3 times in last month......used almost 3k on 1000k BCE and Green charge
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.