Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX letter

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

AMEX letter

My AMEX letter came in the mail today and it included my EX score. I have a 736! I was kind of shocked. 

So it is typical for them to not include the CL on the introductory letter?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX letter

Yes, AMEX sends a introductory congrats letter with your score and how you are doing and the card follows 2-3 days later. 

You know the credit limit once the card arrives.

congrats on the approval

Message 2 of 14
dharalex
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, AMEX sends a introductory congrats letter with your score and how you are doing and the card follows 2-3 days later. 

You know the credit limit once the card arrives.

congrats on the approval

You can also call the number they provided on your approval, and they should tell you. I just couldn't wait!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 14
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

It's killing me waiting for my new AMEX Green. I was approved last friday but still nothing yet. I keep checking the mail each day...maybe today haha?

Wait do they send you the card right away or a letter first after approval?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 4 of 14
dharalex
Established Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

It's killing me waiting for my new AMEX Green. I was approved last friday but still nothing yet. I keep checking the mail each day...maybe today haha?

Wait do they send you the card right away or a letter first after approval?

The approval letter comes first. Don't forget to look on the back, that's where the score actually is. I got mine this week, but I'm still waiting for the card...it's day 10! They overnighted my PRG!!

Oh yea, congratulations to the OP!!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Thanks all! They told me my CL when I called in on Monday but I just found it kind of weird that they would send a letter with my credit score but no CL. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish they'd give me my EX score! Every time they've double or triple pulled my reports (and always included EX), but they always give me my TU score. Never Experian Smiley Mad I don't understand why.

Message 7 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

That's weird. I thought they mainly pulled Experian.

Message 8 of 14
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I never got an 'approval' letter. The card came yesterday along with the cardholder agreement. It didn't take long to activate and they even told me what my inital spending limit was when I asked ($2,200.00 for the first month). Now a couple other interesting tidbits...

I asked about using the check spending ability button and the representative encouraged me to use it as much as I wanted. I asked if that was monitored or could potentially have any negative consequences and he laughed and said of course not, it's just a way for people to check if a particular purchase would go through. I have heard otherwise from people so I don't want to try using it too much, but he said I do not have to worry about getting FR for using it.

Another interesting thing was that every six months of so AMEX reviews your account based on payment history, spending and remittance. He mentioned that to obtain higher spending limits it is best not to make two $500.00 payments per month, but rather pay $1,000.00 once per month so the average payment is higher.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 9 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Another interesting thing was that every six months of so AMEX reviews your account based on payment history, spending and remittance. He mentioned that to obtain higher spending limits it is best not to make two $500.00 payments per month, but rather pay $1,000.00 once per month so the average payment is higher.

Are you referring to the charge card?  AmEx bases their decisions on experience they have with existing cardmembers.  The overwhelming majority of their higher spending cardmembers never pay early before the due date, in parts throughout the month, and will always pay in full with a single payment.  

The only exception is when you're charging above the NPSL.  They'll call and say until payment is remitted, further charges will be declined.  This hardly ever occurs for long standing charge card members.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.