Did you mean: 

AMEX maximum total credit limit

tag
WNA888
New Contributor

Re: AMEX maximum total credit limit

@KennyRS wrote:

@WNA888 wrote:

Okay, so from reading everyone's post here, it seems like the total cumulative maximum credit limit AMEX will give you is $35K before requesting prooof of income. 

Right now, I have 3 cards with AMEX with a $35K limit.  I'm going to apply for a new AMEX card soon, so should I call AMEX and request a CLD on one of my cards for let's say $2K, and then apply for a new card (and probably get a $2K CL) so I can increase my AAoA and get the sign up bonus?

I think requesting proof of income is really invasive. What happens if you refuse though? Do they shut all your cards down?

When you call and when they approve you if they say that they can't extend more credit you can simply reallocate CL. No need to CLD any of your cards.

are there like any harm (FICO-wise or anything else)  in like requesting a $2K CLD if I PIF every month on all my cards, and I have $100K+ total credit credit limit?

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 11 of 12
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX maximum total credit limit

Right now i have BCP - $24k, Delta gold - $5k, Old blue cash - $5k, Hilton honors - $1k.  Which is exactly $35k.  But before the old blue cash i had BCE which was $8k which would have been over $35k with no tax docs required

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.