Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX message online after login

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

AMEX message online after login

We got this message online from AMEX. Does it mean we are almost approved?

Multiply your rewards with 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. supermarkets, and 1X points on other purchases. Apply for the premier rewards gold card, you're pre-approved! Terms and limitations apply.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX message online after login

@sghosh5 wrote:

We got this message online from AMEX. Does it mean we are almost approved?

Multiply your rewards with 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at U.S. gas stations and U.S. supermarkets, and 1X points on other purchases. Apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card, you're pre-approved! Terms and limitations apply.

If you have blue already... charge cards a given for approval!

Usually you use a charge card to get foot in door if you can't get approved for credit card from amex or if you need a much higher spend limit then a credit card will give you

Message 2 of 10
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Pre-approval is a good sign but not a guarantee. On the flip side, since you already have an Amex, if you app and are denied, then it will only be a SP. If approved, then it will be a HP.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 3 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

yeah we already have BCE from AMEX since Mar 2012 and paying almost full to leave 10% Util on the card

Message 4 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thats really good to know. So applying for it wont harm anyway if declined.

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

yeah we already have BCE from AMEX since Mar 2012 and paying almost full to leave 10% Util on the card

you have had the card for over a year and have not CLI??!!! 3x NOW!

Message 6 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

We asked for CLI last month and unfortunately AMEX turned it down saying high balance on other card and loan. My wife is the primary owner of the card and she just had an auto loan of 21000 in february this year. So understandably the balance on the loan will be high but then she had perfect credit history (not long though) and scores are around 720 over the board. AMEX denied for CLI even though we pay almost full every month to it.

Message 7 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Thats really good to know. So applying for it wont harm anyway if declined.

Yes, just a SP.   BTW, the offer may come and go.   I had the same offer on my online account for several days, when I looked at all cards I saw I was preapproved for the  Green as well as the PRG.  A few days later the message was replaced by a 50K offer for the Plat, which switched back to the PRG after a few days and so on.   So I guess they want people to sign up!

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id take the charge card... put all the spending you can on it for a few months and I bet you will then get approved your CLI on blue!

Message 9 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your suggestions. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.