Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX not reporting to Credit Bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX not reporting to Credit Bureaus?

Hey all, 

I've had my AMEX for about a year and a half now and I've never had a problem before.  It seems like I've had this $106.00 balance on my card for about 45 days now.  The moment that the charge came through (a few days after I used the card) I paid it right off.  This balance is still lingering on my credit reports but it shows as paid on the AMEX website, no problems, no balance, etc.  My statement just closed out on the 3rd of Feb but this $106.00 balance is still there.  Anyone else have this problem or have any idea what's going on?  Thanks!Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX not reporting to Credit Bureaus?

I think you can ask CRA to update the balance info. Perhaps CRA is not updating their reports properly.
Message 2 of 7
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Amex is the slow poke. Always behind 30 days in reporting

What you see this month is last month's statement closing balance (or month before that if they are reallllly stalling)

it takes Amex a while but they genuinely do update correctly even if it is slow..
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's crazy-
TU updated my balance and new card almost 2 weeks ago- EX and EQ - last updated the end of Dec.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
It's crazy-
TU updated my balance and new card almost 2 weeks ago- EX and EQ - last updated the end of Dec.

Yep, I'm experiencing the same thing.  TU is fine, EX and EQ stuck in the mud.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting... Granted I haven't had the card that long but I haven't had any issues with them in the past.  I'll give it a bit more time before I call them and ask what gives.  Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i have lost points because of how AMEX is reporting. I'm stuck with this $654 balance that won't go away. I paid my balance down to zero a day before the due date and I did it again 2 days before the closing date and still got stuck with a balance. Before AMEX reported my highest balance on any card was $49.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.