Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

tag
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

I just read an article on DoC regarding this offer and went to check my BCP (blue cash preferred) which earns 6% at grocery stores to begin with. After finding this blurb in the offer language I added it to my card because 11% back on $200 sounds good to me. Smiley Happy

"Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied."

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

Added it to my card, thanks!

Message 2 of 40
Hut1
Established Contributor

Boo! They didn't offer it to us BCE folks. ☹️

download

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showed up on my Gold card as an offer as well. Actully 5% cash, not an MR thing.

Message 4 of 40
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

I just read an article on DoC regarding this offer and went to check my BCP (blue cash preferred) which earns 6% at grocery stores to begin with. After finding this blurb in the offer language I added it to my card because 11% back on $200 sounds good to me. Smiley Happy

"Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied."

I had better add @kilroy8 to this alert, He is usually on this stuff .. but just in caseSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 40
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Hut1 wrote:

I have the offer on my BCE, just added it.

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

@Hut1 wrote:

I have the offer on my BCE, just added it.

Same 

Message 7 of 40
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

I had better add @kilroy8 to this alert, He is usually on this stuff .. but just in caseSmiley Happy

Thanks! Was on my BCP, easiest $10 ever!

Message 8 of 40
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Nice perk for those who need grocery spend to make a AMEX Green or Platinum SUB.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 9 of 40
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kilroy8, I figured  .. not much gets by youSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.