Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

tag
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

Just got the offer, and added it today on my BCE. Is it a one trip deal, or untill you max it out and/or tge expiration date?

Message 31 of 40
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Saw this and was hoping it was on my CM but no soup for me either. How long is it good for? I've been thinking of getting a new card and if this is going on for a while I may grab this one.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 32 of 40
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Nothing for me on AMEX Green or AMEX Hilton. Wah-wah, I get a rock.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 33 of 40
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It's good until 8/31/20. For statement credit up to $10. I'm banking on BCP offers this year. Groceries, insurance and a wine.com gift. Bring it Amex!! Shoow me the money!!! 😂 

Message 34 of 40
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

My Amex offers the past couple of months have been like, a cupcake shop in Omaha or whatever ... overstating, but a bunch of boutique brands I don't use. Anybody need a hookup with farfetch.com or La Pearla? Smiley Happy I keep checking today to see if this one pops up, but no luck. I wonder if anybody at Amex has thought about Covid-related offers like Doordash or Instacart ... 

+1 MRs on GrubHub/Seamless

10% back, up to $75 on GH/S

Boxed

20% back, up to $150

Pffft, last I looked Boxed ship dates were a month out.

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the offer on my Amex EveryDay, but not on my Amex Hilton.

It seems Amex wants to compete with the current 5% for groceries on Chase Freedom.

Message 36 of 40
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

My Amex offers the past couple of months have been like, a cupcake shop in Omaha or whatever ... overstating, but a bunch of boutique brands I don't use. Anybody need a hookup with farfetch.com or La Pearla? Smiley Happy I keep checking today to see if this one pops up, but no luck. I wonder if anybody at Amex has thought about Covid-related offers like Doordash or Instacart ... 

+1 MRs on GrubHub/Seamless

10% back, up to $75 on GH/S

Boxed

20% back, up to $150

Pffft, last I looked Boxed ship dates were a month out.

I'm not a customer so don't know what's typical. Nor am I a public health expert, but I think I can reasonably say parts of the country will still be minimizing brick-and-mortar shopping a month from now. So it could prove useful for things with a long shelf life that people don't need urgently or aren't just about to run out of.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 37 of 40
JamP
Valued Contributor

My DW just received it on her BCE. 

It was farther down the list, not at the top.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 38 of 40
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Darn! I just checked and I wasn't targeted for the offer. Although would have been pissed because I just went to the grocery store yesterday. 

Message 39 of 40
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You have until August 31 to spend $200, so it's no big deal that you missed the offer before a recent purchase.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.