Re: AMEX offer: 5% back at supermarkets

No soup for me, either. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 40
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@dberryhill wrote:

Showed up on my Gold card as an offer as well. Actully 5% cash, not an MR thing.

I don't have the offer on my gold

Message 14 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Got it on BCP, didn't bother to check the others.

Has anyone discovered a trick for applying an offer to multiple cards to replace the defunct tabbed browsing one?

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 15 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My Amex offers the past couple of months have been like, a cupcake shop in Omaha or whatever ... overstating, but a bunch of boutique brands I don't use. Anybody need a hookup with farfetch.com or La Pearla? Smiley Happy I keep checking today to see if this one pops up, but no luck. I wonder if anybody at Amex has thought about Covid-related offers like Doordash or Instacart ... 

No derogs, but tons of inquiries and heavy credit-seeking behavior. In March of 2019, I had no open accounts, a charge-off, two collections, and scores in the low 500s. What I call the "thick build method" worked for me, but may not work for every situation.
Cards

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loan / Personal loan

Card CLs total $89,900, not counting the AU card. The AU card brings the total to $114,900. In March 2019, card CLs totaled $0.

Closed but still on reports: ExxonMobil, $950, 10/08-02/11 (Equifax only) | American Express Delta Gold, $1,000, 09/19-10/20 | Citi secured, $200, 04/19-09/19 | Capital One secured, $300, 04/19-08/19 | My Jewelers Club, $5,000, 05/19-08/19 | Green Dot Primor, $300, 05/19-08/19 | Self Lender secured $500 loan, 04/19-01/20 | Unsecured personal loan from Coastal, $1,000, 06/19-08/19.
Message 16 of 40
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Not available for my Green or my AMEX Hilton (the latter right now being my grocery spend card since it's working towards a 75k SUB and is equivalent to a 2.5% cashback card by my valuation of Hilton points as half a cent).

Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k
Capital One VentureOne 11k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Green NPSL
PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k
Petal2 VISA 6k
DiscoverIt Cashback 5k
Hotels.com 5k
Capital One QS 3.5k
AMEX Hilton Aspire 3.1k
Apple Card 3k
Amazon/Synchrony 3k
Cathay Pacific/Synchrony 2.5k
AMEX Hilton 1k
Target 800
Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 17 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

My Amex offers the past couple of months have been like, a cupcake shop in Omaha or whatever ... overstating, but a bunch of boutique brands I don't use. Anybody need a hookup with farfetch.com or La Pearla? Smiley Happy I keep checking today to see if this one pops up, but no luck. I wonder if anybody at Amex has thought about Covid-related offers like Doordash or Instacart ... 

+1 MRs on GrubHub/Seamless

10% back, up to $75 on GH/S

Boxed

20% back, up to $150

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 18 of 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Have you guys tried adding other offers to your card? I seem to remember that AMEX has a 100 offer limit so if you're at that, you won't be seeing new things until you remove other ones by adding them to your card. I had to do this to get the Dell offer to show up in December. 

Message 19 of 40
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@Hut1 wrote:

Boo! They didn't offer it to us BCE folks. ☹️

I have the offer on my BCE, just added it.

I am on the desktop site, where would I be able to find the offer? I just opened my account on March 24th 2020 not sure if that makes a diff

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.