Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offers question

tag
Switch2007
Contributor

Re: AMEX offers question

CRAZY! I get them in the mail all the time, with the codes and such, but still get the "No offers for you" when I put information in. It's making me nervous to apply. I'll hold off for a bit I think. 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
OneStepFurther
Established Member

So...how does everybody get to the part where they say whether they do or do not have offers for you? Smiley Indifferent I've been with Amex since about May/June with the Zync and have received preselected offers in the mail (the ones with the RSVP code and the prescreen opt-out msg at the bottom) mostly for the other green or gold charge cards but can never find the link to take me to any online offers.  Once or twice I have stumbled on the page where I put my address info in (don't know how I got there or how to get back), but then that just immediately takes me to the log in page (cause it knows I'm already a cardholder) and then I go back to that main page where you have the choice to see all the cards Amex has, choose the perks you like, etc.  Never a "see what offers are waiting for you" type of thing. 

I hear about this all the time from people, yet, I get sent on this wild goose chase until I finally get tired of going around in circles!  I always feel like I'm getting punk'd or something!  Smiley Sad  

Message 12 of 36
Switch2007
Contributor

LOL @ getting punked. If you're a cardmember, click on "Get the card thats best for you" Then "Personal Cards" then "Pre-approved for you". My DH has an Amex (and yet to AU me on it) and because his login is recognized on our computer, thats how I always end up when I'm looking to see my offers. Hope this helps!

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 36
OneStepFurther
Established Member

(here I go again...like when a dog chases after his tail) Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for attempting to help but I don't see that option anywhere...even did a search for the phrase as well as looking on the site map.  Nothing.

(So as always, I think to myself...maybe I'm just in the wrong place altogether and go around in circles again) lol 

There are tabs across the top:  Acct Summary, Statements & Activity, Payments, Profile, etc.  If I go to the Additional Cards tab which is where I would think the option would be, I have 3 choices: 

Add someone to your acct

Apply for another card

See all personal cards

Click on Apply for Another Card and it takes me to a screen with the green grass that says "Your next card is easy to find..." (uh...no, not for me!) These links will either take me to that wheel thing where I pick the perks I like and it matches up the card to that or it shows a list of all of the Amex cards.  I don't have the "Get the card that's best for you" option. Smiley Sad  

lol  Thanks for helping.  I'll just consider it a lost cause!

(Wonder if it's cause I'm on a Mac) Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 36
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Message 15 of 36
OneStepFurther
Established Member

Hmm...ok, when I click on that link, it takes me to the Expand your Membership page to the "View All Cards" tab.  This tab shows me all of the cards Amex offers and underneath each one, there's a small box where you can click to "Add to Saved Cards."  In the left column underneath where it says "Need Help Finding a Card" there's the "New from Amex" which is the BCP and then underneath that, it says "Add someone to your acct" and below that it shows my Zync.

If I click on that "Need Help..." link, it will take me to the grass scene again and then I have the option to "Choose My Perks" or "Add Someone to My Acct"

All links seem to lead me to either this page or the page where you choose the perks you like.

See what I mean?  I'm getting punk'd by Amex aren't I...I just know I am!!!  Smiley Sad 

(Btw, thanks for giving me the link.) 

Message 16 of 36
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I may have missed this, but are you logged onto the Amex site?
Message 17 of 36
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Evidently I've forgotten how to post a pic, my bad.
Message 18 of 36
OneStepFurther
Established Member

l

No, I wasn't logged in when I clicked on the link in your post. It's just strange that I can't get to the page...

Edited to add: If I remember correctly, a couple of times in the past when I was searching for it I would somehow get to the place where it would ask for info. I believe it was the home address but once I put in my address it took me to the log in page and then I'd end up back at the grass page!
Message 19 of 36
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Switch2007 wrote:

CRAZY! I get them in the mail all the time, with the codes and such, but still get the "No offers for you" when I put information in. It's making me nervous to apply. I'll hold off for a bit I think. 

No, they are talking about e-mail ads. You are receiving actual pre approvals.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.