Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offers whyyy

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

AMEX offers whyyy

You have to guess they do this on purpose, but still!

I have offers for spend $150 at a Hilton Garden Inn (HGI), get $30 back on my PRG and BCE, but not on my Surpass. I'm staying in several HGIs during vacations this summer, and now I have a difficult decision on what to use...

Anyone else ever wonder how AMEX decides what AMEX offer goes on what card?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX offers whyyy

I read something, somewhere that it depended what card you opened them on first or something like that. Someone had a plan to have different tabs open or something. I read it before I realized how good some of those offers are. And for me it's no biggie other than that I have to remember to carry the TE if that's what's got it since it's normally SD'd. 

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I read something, somewhere that it depended what card you opened them on first or something like that. Someone had a plan to have different tabs open or something. I read it before I realized how good some of those offers are. And for me it's no biggie other than that I have to remember to carry the TE if that's what's got it since it's normally SD'd. 

Tabs work when you have the SAME offer on more than one card.   If you don't open the cards in seperate tabs, when you "take" the offer on one card it disappears from all.   If you open the cards in separate tabs, and load the available offers in each, you can add it to all applicable cards.    But it won't solve OPs issue where the "right" card doesn't have the offer.

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tabs work when you have the SAME offer on more than one card.   If you don't open the cards in seperate tabs, when you "take" the offer on one card it disappears from all.   If you open the cards in separate tabs, and load the available offers in each, you can add it to all applicable cards.    But it won't solve OPs issue where the "right" card doesn't have the offer.

Oooh, pro-tip!  Thanks senor!

        
Message 4 of 6
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great tip!  Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

You have to guess they do this on purpose, but still!

I have offers for spend $150 at a Hilton Garden Inn (HGI), get $30 back on my PRG and BCE, but not on my Surpass. I'm staying in several HGIs during vacations this summer, and now I have a difficult decision on what to use...

Anyone else ever wonder how AMEX decides what AMEX offer goes on what card?

I'd be willing to bet that is by design. It'd be a complete no brainer if they had given you the same offer on your Surpass. Hilton probably asked that they add it to all cards except their Hilton cards. I currently have that offer on my BCE but not my Hilton HHonors card (no AF version).

I'd say thank you for the multi-tab tip, but I take advantage regularly. I hope you were able to add that Smart & Final offer on all your cards. I got a lot of half price shopping at Amazon with that one. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.