Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX offers with PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

AMEX offers with PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex

Anyone having any experience of PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex? Do you get the cashback?

My DW has this card and she added the boxed offer to it through twitter but we are bit reluctant to use it as we are not sure if it will work.

Thanks for the inputs!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX offers with PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex

@uswala wrote:

Anyone having any experience of PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex? Do you get the cashback?

My DW has this card and she added the boxed offer to it through twitter but we are bit reluctant to use it as we are not sure if it will work.

Thanks for the inputs!!

Since the card is not issued by Amex I doubt it will work. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

Amex offers are only for Amex cards issued by Centurion Bank, ones you find on www.americanexpress.com.  The PenFed Amex is not eligible for Amex offers

Message 3 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

Amex offers are only for Amex cards issued by Centurion Bank, ones you find on www.americanexpress.com.  The PenFed Amex is not eligible for Amex offers

?   In the past at least, offers could be added to cards like Fidelity Amex through twitter or facebook.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

?   In the past at least, offers could be added to cards like Fidelity Amex through twitter or facebook.

Oh, didn't know that.  Then I would contact Amex via Twitter or Facebook and ask them.

Message 5 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

Ya, she was able to add it to this card through twitter. If it is just for cards issued by Centurion Bank then why do the allow offers to be added to other cards, as you do provide them the card details when you sync the card with twitter.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

P
@uswala wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

Ya, she was able to add it to this card through twitter. If it is just for cards issued by Centurion Bank then why do the allow offers to be added to other cards, as you do provide them the card details when you sync the card with twitter.

I was incorrect.  They are eligible if added via Twitter or Facebook.

Which American Express® Cards are eligible for Amex Offers?

Any valid US American Express Consumer Card issued by American Express, Business Card from American Express OPEN® or registered American Express Serve® Card or Bluebird® Card is eligible to participate in Amex Offers using an americanexpress.com account or through Facebook and Twitter.

Any valid American Express Card issued in the US by a licensed third-party bank licensed to issue American Express-branded Cards is only eligible to participate in Amex Offers through Facebook and Twitter.

Not Eligible: American Express® Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards, excluding registered American Express Serve® and Bluebird® Cards, are not eligible to participate. Please see Program Terms & Conditions for more information.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/amexoffersfaqs

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks for the inputs!!

AmEx offers are indeed valid for the PenFed Premium Travel Rewards card (and AFAIK any other AmEx co-branded card), and I have the credits to prove it.

Granted, you won't see the offers on your PenFed login.  The only way to link your card and sign up for offers is via Twitter or Facebook.  I go through Facebook myself (it's the only use I have for Facebook, actually).

Chris.

AmEx offers I've received on my PenFed AmEx card (since I linked it to Facebook mid-2016)
12/29/2016 LaQuintaInOffer APPLETON $15
11/27/2016 ExxonMobilOffer KANSAS C CREDIT $5
11/16/2016 ExxonMobilOffer KANSAS C CREDIT $5
10/15/2016 AMEX OFFER HOME DEPOT $15

And these credits are from AmEx offers redeemed on my Fidelity AmEx (issued by FIA) before it was eliminated:
5/23/2016 RC71951-661952221513098 JET.COM PROD. SALES HOBOKEN 000 HOBOKEN US $10
12/26/2015 RC71951-897596864041093 JET.COM PROD. SALES HOBOKEN 000 HOBOKEN US $20
12/7/2015 RC71951-773068489302093 PETCO # 645 LAKE ZURICH 000 LAKE ZURICH US $5
12/7/2015 RC71951-467730679586097 DUNKIN DONUTS EGIFT PORTLAND 000 PORTLAND US $5
9/28/2015 RC71951-903260292587092 EXXONMOBIL CAT OUTSIDE KANSAS CITY 000 KANSAS CITY US $5
6/29/2015 RC71951-449636641567094 WHOLEFOODS MARKET/KLD PALATINE 000 PALATINE US $10
6/11/2015 RC71951-017311538481096 DOLLAR GENERAL 07403 PLAINFIELD 000 PLAINFIELD US $5
5/30/2015 RC71951-731963388155090 WAG.COM JERSEY CITY 000 JERSEY CITY US $10
5/21/2015 RC71951-244426397512099 SAMSCLUB.COM BENTONVILLE 000 BENTONVILLE US $20
2/9/2015 RC71951-135219318539099 AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY NEW YORK 000 NEW YORK US $10
12/27/2014 RC71951-297079579010097 OFFICE MAX/DEPOT #6527 LAKE ZURICH US LAKE ZURICH US $10
12/3/2014 RC71951-331747331707097 AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPA NEW YORK US NEW YORK US $10
12/3/2014 RC71951-331747331706099 AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPA NEW YORK US NEW YORK US $10
12/3/2014 RC71951-174867232340093 WAL-MART.COM BENTONVILLE US BENTONVILLE US $5

Message 8 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

Awesome!

Thanks everyone. So we will go ahead and use it.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gads ... we need to throw Irish80 a life line or a bungee cord Smiley Happy Truth, glad this topic has come up ... I did not catch how to take a non AX issued AX Card and link. Great info!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.