Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX pre approved

have noticed that people state the 'XXX, you're preapproved ' is somewhat a guarantee approval vs the other line. However, I see that for the vanilla platinum on my account I am pre approved, not wanting to waste any MR points for applying through that, I had my brother refer me to that card and when submitting the app, I was denied. The same thing occurred with the gold card, only difference is that I only get 25k MR points compared to 50K if referred through my brother. Is AMEX staunch on denying me any extra points?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX pre approved

Out of curiousty, were they hard pulls?

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I've heard that is very hard to get the high singup offers once you're already an Amex customer as those high offers are aimed towards non-amex customers as a way to bring them to Amex. I know, I know, some people here are gonna say "but my mom/sister/brother/boss/the Pope got a high offer and he/she is already an Amex member" - but IN GENERAL, Amex don't some of the really good deals to Amex customers.

Remember, even "pre-approved" is not a 100% chance of approval, you do, of course, have a higher chance of being approved BUT only after hitting the "apply" button is that you will know for sure.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pulls
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.